Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

date set

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well, my FIL's surgery date is now set. He is going to have a carotid stint put in his artery that is 80% blocked. He could possibly stoke on the table. His surgery is in two weeks. I ask for prayers or whatever you do. Even with this surgery, he could have a stroke and no matter what it is just a matter of time now. We just want him with us a while longer. I want him to see his grandson grow up some more. It sucks knowing he may not be around much longer.

UPDATE: I want to thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. When the surgery comes around, I will update on the outcome. God bless you. Our family appreciates all prayers and thoughts.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
evolover14
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM
My prayers are with you. I kind of know what your going through being my father in law has the same problems. Goes to hospital by ambulance at least once a week. We never know if he's going bto live or die
wandep
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Good luck.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I will say a prayer for him.  I'm glad they are trying to clear his blocckage. My father had a massive stroke in December.  It has been a hard road but he is still around, not at his best but he can still enjoy being with his grandkids.  I hope he gets the best results from this procedure.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I hope the surgery goes well. Take care

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Oh my! Good thoughts headed your way <3

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I will keep him and your family in my prayers. My mom had a stent put in years ago. It went fine. Keep us updated and try not to worry.

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Thanks. I know how difficult it is seeing someone trying to heal, for lack of a better word, after a stroke. My grandmother has several "mini-strokes" every year and recently had one that was serious and set her back a lot. It is just nerve rattling.

Quoting momofnatalie:

I will say a prayer for him.  I'm glad they are trying to clear his blocckage. My father had a massive stroke in December.  It has been a hard road but he is still around, not at his best but he can still enjoy being with his grandkids.  I hope he gets the best results from this procedure.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Aww hugs & prayers sent ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN