Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

recipes for picky toddler needed!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM
  • 18 Replies
My son whose three and now his younger brother one are copying each others eating style. Need to try some new ideas. Loves pb and j but if I cut it wrong he won't eat it. They like pancakes waffles Mac n cheese animal crackers and fruit in those to go pouches. These are ball my kids will eat. Any advice helps!!
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Chicken nuggets

Spaghetti

My brother and sil have an almost 3 year old and she eats about everything. They just keep giving it to her. She will even eat steak. 

My kids are a bit picky. So not sure what else to tell you.

Are you in the south where you can get instant grits? Maybe that for breakfast and scrambled eggs.

1975yourway
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM
First, i don't believe in picky eaters! The rule from day one has always been, you eat what's in front you or you go without, period. No second choice, no pb&j. Couple of days of pushback & going to bed with no supper my kids now eat anything I cook! This method is DHS/CPS approved. Think of this way. When they are at daycare/school. They don't give a choice either so why should you
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Here are things my picky kids eat:

Baked chicken breasts
Apples
Oranges
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Blueberries
Strawberries
Raspberries
Pudding
Ice cream
Tacos
Eggs, scrambled & hard boiled
Hamburgers
Pasta salad
Cheez its
Graham crackers
Carrots
Corn on the cob
Chicken nuggets
Hotdogs
Ribs
Chicken noodle soup
Garlic cheese bread
Meatballs
Pork chops
Macaroni and cheese
Cereal
Oatmeal
Waffles
Pancakes
French toast
Grilled cheese
Bagels
English muffins
Bananas
Yogurt
Applesauce
Granola bar
Cereal bar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Try pb on something else, like a bagel, tortilla or apple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I believe in offering a variety of healthy foods. If they eat it, fine. If they don't...that's their choice. They won't starve.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Quoting 1975yourway: First, i don't believe in picky eaters! The rule from day one has always been, you eat what's in front you or you go without, period. No second choice, no pb&j. Couple of days of pushback & going to bed with no supper my kids now eat anything I cook! This method is DHS/CPS approved. Think of this way. When they are at daycare/school. They don't give a choice either so why should you

Yep. This is me too. I only do "creative meals" for fun, not to get picky eaters to eat. 

My best tactic for training kids to eat anything though is the presentation order. Start with the least desireable first, when they are hungriest. Make them finish the first thing to "earn" the stuff they like.

Call it bribery. 

It works in our house. And I start it the minute they are in the high chair and doing more than one food (so right around 1 years old).

I now have two children who will eat absolutely anything and everything put in front of them (my oldest and my youngest) and one who can still be bribed to finish something with the promise of something she likes (not always dessert, cottage cheese works too, haha).

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

spaghetti
anything with noodles

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I make bento meals for my son. He eats carrots broccoli and celery in one, and in the others we do different snacks. Here are a few I've made for him and all of these took maybe 5 minutes to make.

New Hello Kitty Bento box and his bento for that day :) #Bentoforhobbit

#bentoforhobbit Today's afternoon bento :)

#Bentoforhobbit His first Bento meal!

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:11 AM

If the kids don't like it, I tell them when the next meal is.  They can have a glass of milk and that's all. 

teaandcookies
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:14 AM

why not put fruit and veggies in the pancakes.  pumpkin, bannanas, any types of berries, zuchnni, sweet potatoes ae all great ways to heathy up a pancakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN