Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Alternate TV?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:47 AM
  • 21 Replies

Does anyone use alternative tv services such as Amazon Tv or Roku versus cable/satellite? Do you like it better?

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:33 AM

We have cable and ROKU. I hate ROKU tho...too much technical stuff to switch it over for me. My husband uses it a good bit. We also have netflix. I can't get my HGTV on ROKU and I like to watch shows right when they are on. 

PeachQuean
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I only use Netflix.

I'm in Canada and never heard of those other services, so I'm pretty sure it's something we don't have here. Lol
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM
i wish
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM

My sister uses Hulu Plus and Netflix.  She has gotten used to it but she misses not being able to see some shows for quite awhile. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Not me .. do you?

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM
We use netflix and putlocker
-Chunky-Monkey-
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:35 AM

We have Netflix and Amazon.....cancelled our cable 5 years ago and we haven't really missed it :) 

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

We looked into Roku but I'm liking the Amazon Fire TV a lot better.

Quoting wandep:

We have cable and ROKU. I hate ROKU tho...too much technical stuff to switch it over for me. My husband uses it a good bit. We also have netflix. I can't get my HGTV on ROKU and I like to watch shows right when they are on. 

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Amazon Tv and Roku are streaming devices that also have other "channels" with them. THey stream Netflix, and hulu and whatever else you happen to be subscribed to.

Quoting PeachQuean: I only use Netflix. I'm in Canada and never heard of those other services, so I'm pretty sure it's something we don't have here. Lol

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM

I like Netflix a lot, and I think there's enough on there to where I don't need hulu but we might try it out too.

Quoting momofnatalie:

My sister uses Hulu Plus and Netflix.  She has gotten used to it but she misses not being able to see some shows for quite awhile. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)