Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What Do You Have Going on This Weekend?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:22 AM
  • 246 Replies
1 mom liked this
how are you 
Can you believe summer is winding down and it's almost fall?!

What are you doing this weekend?

Do you have any fun plans or just taking it easy?

Let's Chat!

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM

We are house hunting AGAIN! We found a house we both absolutely loved and were all ready to make an offer. When I called the school to see if they had the special education program my son is currently in, they told me that they did not have that program at the neighborhood campus and he would have to be bussed to another campus. The only reason we were even looking in this particular neighborhood was because of the school rating. So we are back to the drawing board.

Other than the house hunting, I think we are just going to take it easy. It was my sons first week back and school and I think the new routine has tired him out so we are just going to relax.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Good Morning!

I'm up early this morning, school started for Keeley today, senior year here we come!! =)

No plans this weekend, at least not for me, Mike is shooting tomorrow, and I have a honey do list for him. Other than that, I'm taking it easy. (well besides the grocery shopping and laundry I need to do.)

Momma3220
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I Have a date ! The first date since my divorce . Im kinda getting cold feet and tryimg to make up every excuse not to go . Lol im nervous ! Lol
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Well that sucks! Where is this other campus? Maybe find a house near it. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

We are house hunting AGAIN! We found a house we both absolutely loved and were all ready to make an offer. When I called the school to see if they had the special education program my son is currently in, they told me that they did not have that program at the neighborhood campus and he would have to be bussed to another campus. The only reason we were even looking in this particular neighborhood was because of the school rating. So we are back to the drawing board.

Other than the house hunting, I think we are just going to take it easy. It was my sons first week back and school and I think the new routine has tired him out so we are just going to relax.

DixonBabies
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Just taking it easy here. Have no plans. Waiting to see if my ex will pick up dd for his visitation or if my dad will come get her for the weekend. IT will more than likely be my dad because ex hasn't been good about getting her at all here lately 

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Nothing much, mainly just hanging out at home with the kids. Saturday my dad is taking my son to pick up his gear for football

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:14 AM

We are picking up my ds from college tonight. This is his summer break. He will be home until September 1 or 2. My ds starts his third semester of school September 3. After this time, we will see him probably on Thanksgiving (the weekend of October 11, I'm in Canada). We will be back home in the middle of the night and tomorrow, we are planning on going to a nice family dinner if my ds doesn't have to work and if he doesn't have plans with his buddies. If he has plans, we will go to dinner next Saturday instead. 

happynewyorker
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

My daughter doesn't start school until September 4th, and she's still in florida with my parents.  Trying to get the apartment cleaned, organized and downsized before she returns home.

Since I'm at work. I'm thinking that tonight before going home, getting off at the stop after mine and getting things I need for the kitchen.  If not taking the bus tomorrow and going. Tomorrow, rearrange and organize. Pack items to donate and clean, vacuum, and do laundry.  Sunday, I've always considered my day of rest. So the pool for me.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

Cafe Michelle P, that stinks about the special education and house you loved. Is there a website that lists schools with special education programs? 

lanceandhailey
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Tonight : nothing

Saturday: DH has a MC meeting, Football coach meeting, Football draft, he's running in the Warrior Dash, and then the kids, DH and I are all going to the fights that night with another couple and their kids.

Sunday: No definite plans. Take the boat out if the weather changes and it decides to be nice out...

flowerfunleah
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Summer always goes by SO stinkin' fast! 

Tomorrow is my sister-in-laws baby shower so that should be good fun. My other sister in law is throwing it and she's an AMAZING cook so I'm super looking forward to it. 

Other than that, nothing going on, I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Sunday lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN