Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have You Ever 'Lost It' in Front of Your Kids?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mom Gets Arrested for Swearing at Her Kids in the Grocery Store

by Jodi Meltzer

A South Carolina mom was arrested for allegedly swearing at her kids in the bread aisle of a grocery store recently. According to the incident report, Danielle Wolf had it with her kids squeezing the bread at her local Kroger ... and she lost it.

A witness reports watching in horror as Wolf swore up a storm at her kids, and when the woman spoke up, she claims Wolf told her off too ... and that's when police stepped in. It was the repeated use of the F-word that got Wolf in big trouble.

According to local law, disorderly conduct generally means to "utter, while in a state of anger, in the presence of another, any bawdy, lewd, or obscene words or epithets" ... and Wolf allegedly fit that description to a T.

All right, let's cut through the BS. Are there any moms out there who can't relate to Danielle Wolfe? Kids have a knack for grating on every nerve. They come out of the womb as card-carrying experts, don't they? Button-pusher extraordinaires. Gray-hair-inducing enthusiasts. With every squeeze of bread, Wolfe saw more and more money flushed down the toilet. With every squeeze of bread, she felt her blood boil in each and every vein. Maybe she was going on a couple hours' sleep? Or she didn't feel well? Or she simply had a moment where she lost all self-control. It happens to the best of us.

While many moms would never swear in front of or at their kids, surely we can all relate to that feeling of being on the brink of sanity. It comes with the motherhood turf. Wolfe should be reprimanded ... er, maybe just talked off the ledge (at the end of the day, bread squeezing is not the end of the world; just exhale, Danielle) ... but not arrested. Wolfe is due in court on September 12. Now that's really f-ing crazy.

Have you ever lost it in front of your kids? What happened?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoonLight5519
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I  Tried  the lieing Jar but it didn't work  to good my son and nieces   everytime they lied i would get them put penny in a jar LOL!

SlightlyPerfect
Kids are raving nowadays?
Yesterday at 2:31 PM
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM
No. We don't swear in front of our daughter. I think it's disgusting when people use pitiful language around their kids. Language is so important. It shapes our children, and we're their models. To use language in that way with children speaks poorly of one's moral character.

I also refuse to lose it around my daughter. She learns conflict resolution and how to handle anxiety/stress from me. I won't screw that up.
elldee
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

michellep, slightlyperfect, et al: everyone loses it at some point. refusing to acknowlege your capacity for imperfection means you risk raising a child who'll be unable to accept imperfection in him/herself. being unable to accept imperfection in oneself results in being unable to forgive oneself and others when they inevitably falter or fail. expecting perfection in yourself, declaring absolutes, thinking you're above your humanity -- and judging others -- is just so sad.  

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I have, but not to that extent, and not in public. I don't cuss or ever use the f word.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I did swear a bit but more as they were older not young :)

ewild
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I did once I was exhausted, over-stressed, and just blew up, a plastic squeeze jar of grape jelly put a hole in my laundry room wall. My kids looked at me stunned and went outside for a couple hours. When they came home I apologized to them.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I don't curse at them but I have reached that level of frustration before and realized that I was tired, and overwhelmed.  I try to walk away for a few seconds before I go off.  I don't think the poor lady should have been arrested, she should be given support and counseling.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We are all human. I have a hard time with anyone who says they have not. 

I think it's pretty hard to judge another unless you've walked in their shoes.

Some parents have mild mannered kids and others have CRAZY active kids.  Some parents are mild and others are not.  We're all human in the end. We ALL make mistakes.

I mean, crying can also be out of frustration and in front of kids and some would view that as a bad thing, are you going to arrest for that next?

We're so into other people's business these days, it's crazy.

darkmusepinup
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah!!! I have three boys (four if you count dad) I've lost it a few times. As I've gotten older, I've learned to relax a bit, maybe too much :-\
Meg2011425
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Have I yes. I'm not a perfect mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)