Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Your daycare provider and Instagram

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I joined because I have a question for you all. Back story, after a five year break from running a home daycare, I've decided to start up again. I quit to go back to school. When I worked with kids before, I would take lots of pictures, make double-prints, and share with the parents. They all seemed to like that.

So to get back to my question. I've noticed that Instagram is popular. As a parent, how would you feel if your provider had an Instagram account specifically to share pictures with the parents? It would be a private account with only the parents allowed to view it. As a parent myself, I would think it's fun. BUT, my kids are older and I know times have changed.

Thoughts?

by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I wouldn't like that. I do not want any pictures of my kids posted online at all without me seeing them first and deciding who sees them etc.  I'm just crazy about that kind of stuff.

AnotherKim
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I understand ablackdolphin. Thanks for the input. 

hannmc14
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I worked at a daycare center and we were not allowed to post pictures online of the children but in order to cut down on cost of printing pictures out we had each parent provide us with a thumb drive so that they could get all of the pictures that we had. Good luck!

RandiBear
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Exactly what hannmc14 said. Just either ask for a thumb drive or use one check to purchase some (you can order in bulk online for cheaper prices) to provide. What we used to do at the place I last worked was once a month we would burn a disc for each family. We also took random videos of the kids playing dress up, or acting out a skit, or dancing and include those. Some parents got discounts for use of pics of their kids on the website.

AnotherKim
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Great ideas! Thanks ladies.

-Chunky-Monkey-
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I have a home daycare and one of the parents has me post their kids pics on their FB so all of their family can see what he does during the day.  It was strange at first posting pics of other peoples kids but that's what they want me to do.  Your Instagram idea sounds like a good idea :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
35 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Not sure how I would feel,
Probably not like it much .
Hopefully others will share their thoughts ;)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I would not like that if my son went there. I do not like people posting pictures of my son without asking first, and then I only say yes to close family and friends.

Demlow6
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I wouldn't like it at all. I don't want my kids pictures on social media at all!! They can post pics of themselves when they are older and have their own social accounts. 

I would ask each individual parent. We all have different ways we like things done. Some may be ok with it. I would definitely get permission first though. 

AnotherKim
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Oh, of course. No parent permission, no pictures at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)