Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Was Your Weekend?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM
  • 139 Replies

Welcome to our Monday morning Coffee Break Chat!

How was your weekend?

Did you do anything fun or was it a laid back weekend?

Let's Chat!

typing

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Monday morning all!

Why oh why do the weekends go by so quickly?

We went house hunting AGAIN this weekend and we are ready to make an offer!! Yay. It is a great house in the school district we want. My DH and I both had to compromise a bit, but we agree that it is the perfect house and we will be happy for many many years there.
We are going to call our realtor today to work out the details and make our offer.
Wish us luck!

Other than that, the mostly quiet weekend we had planned was a no go. My DH, decided it would be a good idea to have an improptu end of summer BBQ and invite the guys from his department as well as their families on Saturday evening. It is a good thing that I had just went grocery shopping and throwing together some side dishes while he grilled wasn't that big of a deal. BUT the next time he does that, I'm going to take a frying pan to him and knock some sense into him...haha

happynewyorker
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Cafe Michelle P, that's great news on the house!!  I wish you and your family all the best!

Saturday, I went to breakfast with a friend and her family. The off to her going to BJ's for groceries. I purchased some items.  Afterwards, they came over and we went swimming. Building I live in has a pool. No one at the pool. The water was ICY cold.  But, her grandson and I went swimming.  Had pizza for lunch. Left over pizza and salad for dinner.  Checked behind stove (no mice).  Steel wool still in holes. I was happy. 

Sunday, breakfast with a another friend.  Then home and rearranged my living room. I think it works better this way. Cleaned, organized and throw out things.  Didn't finish everything, since I was watching TV also,

Woke this morning not knowing what day it was. LOL!!

poshkat
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Congrats on the house hunting success!!

We spent all saturday afternoon at the fair with ds than came home dropped him off with mil and went back to the fair by ourselves

Sunday we slept late, I went out for While to buy some groceries and than to a nap. We ended our weekend by watching the musketeers
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Good morning! 

Nothing really happened this weekend, Mike was suppose to shoot Saturday, but they cancelled due to fog, so he and I went out and killed some targets =). He had to go into work for a few hours yesterday, and again last night to make sure the plant wasn't flooding again. I was lazy, which means I get to do catch up on the house today. lol

We had a bad storm last night, I mean the "one minute it's calm, and the next minute the wind is blowing so hard it's knocking trees down" kind. I usually love storms, but this one scared the crap out of me. Now I get to clean up tree limbs this afternoon. Yay.....

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Well it's about dang time! Sheesh! =)

Congrats on the new house! When is the house warming party? lol

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Good Monday morning all!

We went house hunting AGAIN this weekend and we are ready to make an offer!! Yay. It is a great house in the school district we want. My DH and I both had to compromise a bit, but we agree that it is the perfect house and we will be happy for many many years there.We are going to call our realtor today to work out the details and make our offer.Wish us luck!

Other than that, the mostly quiet weekend we had planned was a no go. My DH, decided it would be a good idea to have an improptu end of summer BBQ and invite the guys from his department as well as their families on Saturday evening. It is a good thing that I had just went grocery shopping and throwing together some side dishes while he grilled wasn't that big of a deal. BUT the next time he does that, I'm going to take a frying pan to him and knock some sense into him...haha

dommad2
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM
that is awesome news on the house I'm so excited for you guys I'm glad you had a great weekend!

our weekend was mostly laid back we had a lot of time my Husband and I to spend together. Got all of the school shopping done. DH's birthday was Thursday so we celebrated his birthday Saturday with friends. I had a major rheumatoid arthritis flare up and I had to cancel my night early but he got to stay with friends so that was fun. Sunday we had dinner with his dad and step mom in celebration of his birthday so all in all it was a low key weekend but we had a great time.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Good Monday morning all!

We went house hunting AGAIN this weekend and we are ready to make an offer!! Yay. It is a great house in the school district we want. My DH and I both had to compromise a bit, but we agree that it is the perfect house and we will be happy for many many years there.We are going to call our realtor today to work out the details and make our offer.Wish us luck!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Thank you!

Wow!! You had a really busy weekend. You are going to need a day to recover from your weekend.
It is supposed to be 102* here today, so I am thinking a dip in an icy cold pool sounds really good...haha

Quoting happynewyorker:

Cafe Michelle P, that's great news on the house!!  I wish you and your family all the best!

Saturday, I went to breakfast with a friend and her family. The off to her going to BJ's for groceries. I purchased some items.  Afterwards, they came over and we went swimming. Building I live in has a pool. No one at the pool. The water was ICY cold.  But, her grandson and I went swimming.  Had pizza for lunch. Left over pizza and salad for dinner.  Checked behind stove (no mice).  Steel wool still in holes. I was happy. 

Sunday, breakfast with a another friend.  Then home and rearranged my living room. I think it works better this way. Cleaned, organized and throw out things.  Didn't finish everything, since I was watching TV also,

Woke this morning not knowing what day it was. LOL!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Thank you! We are excited. We hope they accept our offer. The home has been on the market for 8 months and they are pretty motivated to sell it.

I LOVE the fair. Did you eat a bunch of really bad for you but oh so DELICIOUS fair food?

Quoting poshkat: Congrats on the house hunting success!! We spent all saturday afternoon at the fair with ds than came home dropped him off with mil and went back to the fair by ourselves Sunday we slept late, I went out for While to buy some groceries and than to a nap. We ended our weekend by watching the musketeers

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Im glad you were able to have a bit of a relaxing weekend.  You have pretty much been on the go since your move and then getting the house situated. Im sure a restful weekend was in order.

OMG, a storm brewed up here last night out of nowhere. Heat lightening is awesome to watch but we had no idea the skies would open up like it was armaggedon. Craziness. We didn't have any damage though. Just heavy rain and lightening.

Quoting DanaG70:

Good morning! 

Nothing really happened this weekend, Mike was suppose to shoot Saturday, but they cancelled due to fog, so he and I went out and killed some targets =). He had to go into work for a few hours yesterday, and again last night to make sure the plant wasn't flooding again. I was lazy, which means I get to do catch up on the house today. lol

We had a bad storm last night, I mean the "one minute it's calm, and the next minute the wind is blowing so hard it's knocking trees down" kind. I usually love storms, but this one scared the crap out of me. Now I get to clean up tree limbs this afternoon. Yay.....

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I know right!!! Feels like forever.

Can you believe I moved here 6 months ago. Six months in an apartment when being used to a spacious house is definitely a challenge. We are excited for this next chapter. I just hope they accept our offer.
Hahaha, when everything is all set and done, I'll have a virtual housewarming.  ;)

Quoting DanaG70:

Well it's about dang time! Sheesh! =)

Congrats on the new house! When is the house warming party? lol

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Good Monday morning all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN