Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Welcome to our Monday morning Coffee Break Chat!

How was your weekend?

Did you do anything fun or was it a laid back weekend?

Let's Chat!

typing

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Replies (131-139):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not even going to lecture you cause you already know.....get insurance woman...haha

Quoting DanaG70:

So am I! We don't have insurance yet!! ( I know, I know, our bad...)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh my goodness. That is crazy. I am so glad it didn't fall on your house.

Quoting DanaG70:

I didn't realize it, but a tree fell right behind our house, I heard it fall, but I thought it was a street over! Luckily it fell away from our house and not on it! 

We didn't get any damage, and the way stuff was hitting the house I'm surprised we didn't. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Im glad you were able to have a bit of a relaxing weekend.  You have pretty much been on the go since your move and then getting the house situated. Im sure a restful weekend was in order.

OMG, a storm brewed up here last night out of nowhere. Heat lightening is awesome to watch but we had no idea the skies would open up like it was armaggedon. Craziness. We didn't have any damage though. Just heavy rain and lightening.

Quoting DanaG70:

Good morning! 

Nothing really happened this weekend, Mike was suppose to shoot Saturday, but they cancelled due to fog, so he and I went out and killed some targets =). He had to go into work for a few hours yesterday, and again last night to make sure the plant wasn't flooding again. I was lazy, which means I get to do catch up on the house today. lol

We had a bad storm last night, I mean the "one minute it's calm, and the next minute the wind is blowing so hard it's knocking trees down" kind. I usually love storms, but this one scared the crap out of me. Now I get to clean up tree limbs this afternoon. Yay.....

Erna2
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Thank you! I got very lucky!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Gorgeous pictures!!

Quoting Erna2:

Awesome weekend! Went to the coast for the day on Sunday!Beautiful!!!!

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Thank you so much, we definitely think she's something special!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

How exciting!! Congratulations on your new little goddaughter. She is a beauty.

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

We had a super exciting weekend. Friday night after school, DD and I packed up and drove the 2 1/2 hours to my hometown to welcome my new goddaughter, Saylor, to the world. She was born Friday evening. DD and I are both so excited she's finally here! We stayed there for the night with promises to come back soon. And have been home since. My SO has started doing some Skype guitar lessons from home so we kept ourselves busy running errands Sunday afternoon and capped off the night with dinner out.

LuLu and sweet baby, Saylor!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:09 AM

We have a quote from one place, but we are going to look some more to see if we can get it cheaper somewhere else before we commit. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am not even going to lecture you cause you already know.....get insurance woman...haha

Chirinos
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Yes he has a counselor that comes to the apartment 3 days a week. She even goes to the school and observes him there as well. We are currently trying to get a meeting set up with the school, the counselor, Region 3, and a few people that I have helping me with Marcus such as his daycare provider and my neighbor and my dad.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Thank you!

I am so sorry you are having issues with your son. Is he seeing a behavioral therapist for his fits?

Quoting Chirinos: Congrats on the house hunting!!!
Well my weekend didn't go very well. It all started last Thursday when my neighbor called the cops on my oldest son because he was throwing a fit. So I ended up grounding my son on Friday from outside. Well my son ended up throwing a huge fit for 4 hours because he wanted to go outside. Well I finally had enough and tested my step mom and my dad.ended up coming over and picked up my son and took him to hid place. So then He was going to be grounded at my dads for 24 hours. Sat my youngest son and I.done laundry all day. Marcus got home about 4:30pm and the fits began so staying with my dad did not help.His fits continued into Sun.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Thanks! Is it still working good for you now that you used it for a while?

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

It's made by Purex apparently.  Zote is said to be made by Dial.  But I haven't found out for sure.

Quoting Janet:

I never heard of fels-Naptha.

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

A bar of Fels-Naptha, (I wanted to use Zote but they only had Fels-Naptha at Fry's) cup or Borax and a cup of Super Washing Soda. Going to tweak it next time.  But that's going to be a long time from now.  It made 10 gallons and we still have store bout too.

Quoting Janet: Glad your soap turned out good. What all is in it?
Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

I made my laundry soap on Friday as planed.  It was easier then I thought.  We did our laundry with it to test it out.  I think it works just fine.  

I went down to my mom's just for a visit before soccer takes over our weekends.  I wasn't there 30 minuets before she started going on about when I was going to leave. (She's lucky I understood the why, or else I really would of been hurt) I got to see my aunt cousin, and her husband to be for about 20-30 minuets before they finally ran me out of there.  I had arrived just before noon.  You should have heard my poor cousin. I was making remarks about being run out on a rail and she was defending our moms.. I finally told her I was just messing with them.  If I thought they really didn't want me around I would just gather my children and sulk always with out a word.  Got home by 7.

Oh and yes I took a gallon or soap to my mom, waiting to hear back from her on it.

cat

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM
He has tiny feet and Jaden has big feet!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

hahah.

Oh my! A mens size 8!! My almost 10 year old is in a 13 little boys....lol He has tiny feet.

Quoting Janet:

I said no more buffets! Lol

Yes, last errands, they start Wednesday. We got his shoes. He is in a mens size 8! The 10 year old.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I cannot go to buffets for that very reason....hahaha

When do they start school? Are these the the last errands?

Quoting Janet: I didn't do much this weekend. We went out to eat at a buffet and I stuffed myself until I got sick. Lol. Went to the Kingdom Hall on Sunday. Today we are taking one of the boys for shoes and a haircut.

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I almost did all the laundry in the house.  I think it works fine.  I think next time I make it if I use Fels-Naptha I'll use two bars.  It got some old grease satin out of one of my shits that the Purex hadn't.  But not all of it.  At this point I think I'm switching permanently to home made. I do laundry again tomorrow or Saturday.

I think the secret to any laundry is pretreat preterit preterit lol 

Quoting Janet: Thanks! Is it still working good for you now that you used it for a while?
Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

It's made by Purex apparently.  Zote is said to be made by Dial.  But I haven't found out for sure.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

A bar of Fels-Naptha, (I wanted to use Zote but they only had Fels-Naptha at Fry's) cup or Borax and a cup of Super Washing Soda. Going to tweak it next time.  But that's going to be a long time from now.  It made 10 gallons and we still have store bout too.

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

I made my laundry soap on Friday as planed.  It was easier then I thought.  We did our laundry with it to test it out.  I think it works just fine.  

I went down to my mom's just for a visit before soccer takes over our weekends.  I wasn't there 30 minuets before she started going on about when I was going to leave. (She's lucky I understood the why, or else I really would of been hurt) I got to see my aunt cousin, and her husband to be for about 20-30 minuets before they finally ran me out of there.  I had arrived just before noon.  You should have heard my poor cousin. I was making remarks about being run out on a rail and she was defending our moms.. I finally told her I was just messing with them.  If I thought they really didn't want me around I would just gather my children and sulk always with out a word.  Got home by 7.

Oh and yes I took a gallon or soap to my mom, waiting to hear back from her on it.

cat

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM

That is great! You will save so much money!

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

I almost did all the laundry in the house.  I think it works fine.  I think next time I make it if I use Fels-Naptha I'll use two bars.  It got some old grease satin out of one of my shits that the Purex hadn't.  But not all of it.  At this point I think I'm switching permanently to home made. I do laundry again tomorrow or Saturday.

I think the secret to any laundry is pretreat preterit preterit lol 

Quoting Janet: Thanks! Is it still working good for you now that you used it for a while?
Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Quoting Janet:

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN