Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Diet Pills?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 13 Replies
OK so I know there is no magic pill out there that just causes you to lose weight. I do believe though that there are some pills that if you eat healthy and exercise while taking it you may lose weight faster than just diet and exercise alone. So I've been seeing ads all over the internet for the newest diet pill combo of garcinia cambogia and green coffee bean extracts. So my question is, has anyone actually tried this? Does it actually work?
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I think Garcina Cambogia helped me get started on my weight loss. Drinking  Green tea helps too. I lost over 100lbs with eating healthy and exercise.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't done pills.  I started weighing and measuring my food and that helped me a lot.  I never realized my portions were so off.  I just drink more water and cut out soda. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Never tried the pills,
Good luck if you do & be careful :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I haven't tried coffee bean extracts. i am using Raspberry ketone but I haven't noticed any major changes, just that I get have cut down on portion sizes so that's good.

H4RL3YQU1N
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I have not done pills just shakes.

billysangel
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried that garcenia but it didn't work for me. Dieting didn't work either. Now I'm just eating healthier and cut out sweets. Working so far.

Quoting Janet:

I think Garcina Cambogia helped me get started on my weight loss. Drinking  Green tea helps too. I lost over 100lbs with eating healthy and exercise.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

People start taking supplements as well as drinking more water, eating better and exercising (things they were not doing before), but then giving all the credit to the supplement. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't do diet pills. They really aren't regulated very well at all, from what I have seen and read.

I would start by just making changes to your diet and exercise routine to see where that gets you, but that's just my opinion.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
There are better gardenia than others. Everyone is different. I Too Changed my eating habits to eating healthy. (Clean eating) Diets don't work. You have to make it a lifestyle.

Quoting billysangel: I tried that garcenia but it didn't work for me. Dieting didn't work either. Now I'm just eating healthier and cut out sweets. Working so far.

Quoting Janet:

wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Ditto! I lost 47 lbs with lifestyle change and exercise. No pills for me.:)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I don't do diet pills. They really aren't regulated very well at all, from what I have seen and read.

I would start by just making changes to your diet and exercise routine to see where that gets you, but that's just my opinion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)