Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

when you "oh no" but you really mean "YES!!!!!"

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 18 Replies

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma.   My husband adores the artist Doro Pesch, no he doesn't have the hots for her my husband is just a huge music guy and she is his favorite female metal singer of all times, he owns her entire discography.  She is coming to our home town,  we are lucky enough that she is playing a small venue tickets are $25 BUT I go to buy tickets and there's a VIP option ... $69 will get us early entry to the venue for a meet and greet, concert tickets and a signed poster.  I told my husband about it and he was like "what am I going to do / tell her,  no, no, well it's up to you"  Thing is we are on a budget and the tickets are paid 100% by me, I know on top of that, for sure we are buying T-shirts, parking, babysitter so it'll make for an expensive night. 

But really if you had a chance to meet somebody you admired for 20+ years for a few bucks ... wouldn't you ? WWYD if you were me ?

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd go! WE just did 2 bucket list items this summer. WORTH it!

3_girls_86
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Do it!
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Yes I would buy the tickets for the meet and great. Maybe skip the t-shirts or something

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I'd go ahead and do it.  It sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity and something that would make him super happy.  I'd figure finances out later and just enjoy the moment. 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

that's what I'm thinking too ... Even for me, this is the chance of a life time to meet Doro ... I'm not an Epic fan like my husband is but I'm a fan !

Quoting BonitaM:

I'd go ahead and do it.  It sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity and something that would make him super happy.  I'd figure finances out later and just enjoy the moment. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I would do it. I bet you can identify a couple of other small splurges in your budget this month that could make up for it. Sounds like it would be the chance of a lifetime for your DH. Have fun!
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I would do it too.  Maybe you can save somewhere else. 

MomTo2Gr8Kids
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Definitely do it. I'm sure it'll be a blast. I just saw Florida Georgia Line, who i love, in concert and I most definitely would've spent the extra money to meet them. Lol
momof3cuteboysz
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM

go for it have fun since when I pay to go to a concert I pay around 200$ for two tickets so why not go and buy a few t shirts and have fun. this is way cheaper than what I pay for a concert so why not.

SlightlyPerfect
Including your children...
Today at 6:54 AM
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM

What are your reasons against it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)