Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

when you "oh no" but you really mean "YES!!!!!"

Posted by   + Show Post

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma.   My husband adores the artist Doro Pesch, no he doesn't have the hots for her my husband is just a huge music guy and she is his favorite female metal singer of all times, he owns her entire discography.  She is coming to our home town,  we are lucky enough that she is playing a small venue tickets are $25 BUT I go to buy tickets and there's a VIP option ... $69 will get us early entry to the venue for a meet and greet, concert tickets and a signed poster.  I told my husband about it and he was like "what am I going to do / tell her,  no, no, well it's up to you"  Thing is we are on a budget and the tickets are paid 100% by me, I know on top of that, for sure we are buying T-shirts, parking, babysitter so it'll make for an expensive night. 

But really if you had a chance to meet somebody you admired for 20+ years for a few bucks ... wouldn't you ? WWYD if you were me ?

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Replies (11-18):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Absolutely!  Go for it & do it :)

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM

I'd say here's an early birthday/Christmas/anniversary present and go for it! It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Ask for a friend to drop you off or have family babysit for you or buy shirts in advance or after online and see if you can shave a little bit off the cost for the rest of the night. I definitely think such an awesome experience is worth it!

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get the extra tickets. Make those memories!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM

it's more than double the initial ticket cost and my husband didn't seem over excited about the opportunity so I was wondering if I should go ahead and do it anyways ...

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

What are your reasons against it?

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I know - we go to a lot of concerts ... and this is dirt cheap for tickets really - the problem is, we have 4 concerts within 1 months' time. (this one being the cheapest) and each concert as I said is parking, tickets, T-shirts and sitter, which makes for min $200-300 nights.  And I'm working hard right now not to get in debt again with my credit cards which seems to be an epic fail so far :(  but oh well, we only live once right ?

Quoting momof3cuteboysz:

go for it have fun since when I pay to go to a concert I pay around 200$ for two tickets so why not go and buy a few t shirts and have fun. this is way cheaper than what I pay for a concert so why not.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM
What did you decide?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I'm going for the whole enchilada !    Once in a lifetime opportunity for $69 ... really why did I even question it

Quoting kmqw229: What did you decide?

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Awesome!

Quoting Jinxed8:

I'm going for the whole enchilada !    Once in a lifetime opportunity for $69 ... really why did I even question it

Quoting kmqw229: What did you decide?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN