Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you know a restaurant is kid-friendly?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

The Stir is looking for signs a restaurant is kid-friendly. Do they have crayons on the tables, kiddie menus, does the wait staff address your kids directly, anything else a bit more surprising, particularly ways to tell if you're just trying to find a restaurant online? We'd love to hear any and all of your tip-offs/signs/thoughts.

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM

If they have a kids menu, if they have high chairs and booster seats. Those are the two big tip offs. If they have crayons & activity sheets, that's another nice thing, but not necessary. If they advertise kids eat free night, that's definitely a kid friendly place.

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM

We have never really paid attention. We mainly focus on what is served and can kind of tell what would be kid friendly. We usually take the kids to Dennys since they like it(and have a day kids eat free), or to a local mexican restuarant that they like. It is nice to have crayons and stuff at the table, but we carry some in the van just in case. High chairs are nice too

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I agree with the other ladies that when you're looking online, having a kids menu is a big hint. I think in a drive-by, seeing a lot of mini vans or family vehicles might be a good hint, too.
momof3cuteboysz
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM

we dont go out to eat much but when we do as a family we go to pizza hut they have books at a table and crayongs and coloring pages for them plus the staff is friendly and talks to my chidlren nicely I liek that and they have T.Vs for them to look at while waiting. mcdonalds is also good for kids because they are not fancy and if your kid is loud its okay. our BK has a play structure that is great for them too but we usually order in and pick it up because we cant bring them often because we have three sons and they are hard to handle one is adhd and the other is 2 and cant sit long at all. so if we want something new we order it and go get it no delivery here where I live in the country.

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Never paid attention to what they have and never really cared.
NeonGirl9583
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM
In my opinion they have a play area lol
wandep
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Kid menus

famiglia_bella
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I check Yelp.  "Good for kids...... yes/no".  And if it has a huge bar, I tend to think not good for kids. Or maybe I hope other parents will think that.  LOL

ladyvamp5489
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM

kids menu

Serabeth06
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:31 PM

If I look up a restaurant online and can't easily locate a kid's menu, but can easily locate the alcohol menu, I don't take my kids there. I'll also check reviews of restaurants, normally if a restaurant was unfriendly or not kid friendly, it shows up in the reviews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN