Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
One of my friends is expecting baby #2, and since she recently moved back from overseas she doesn't have a lot of baby items. Another gal and I are thinking of having a baby shower for her, but we'd love to do something like a BBQ or fun meal together rather than the traditional shower with games, etc. Any thoughts about whether that might work for a baby shower? Ideas, suggestions, tips?
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Replies (41-48):
mewebb82
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I just went to a BBQ babyshower not long ago. It was great! The guys hovered outside around the grill while the women did the girly stuff......games, chatting, etc. and then the guys presented the food including the grilled whole dill pickles smothered in BBQ sauce (moms craving......pretty tasty). Then they did gifts and desert......s'mores. It was one of the better baby showers I've been to.
KatyPaigesMom46
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM

i'm a country girl and i would have loved to have a bbq for my baby shower

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM

why not ? it can just be a "get together" to celebrate her new baby I think it's great

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM

So you're enjoying being a grandmother, I take it? :)

Quoting billysangel:

Actually, this is my 2nd grandbaby! I have a granddaughter who is turning 5 this year and this will be my first grandson due in December! I am elated to say the least!!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Fun! Will this be your first grandchild? When is she due?
Quoting billysangel:

I love the idea! It's given me some ideas too for my dil's shower coming up! Thanks for this thread!!

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I'm pretending that summer isn't leaving... Won't it always be nice and sunny? :)

on vacation

But yes, the house we're having it at has plenty of room indoors in case the weather is bad. Good point, something to plan for.

Quoting Sportbominable:

I see no problem with that. The weather could be an issue. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Selfishly, so would I. But my friend who is expecting the baby is excited about the idea, too.

Quoting DixonBabies:

I would enjoy that more than a typical shower. 

boys2men2soon
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I love it!   

billysangel
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Oh I love it! I will say honestly it's hard to be a Gigi when I still have young kids but I make it work!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

So you're enjoying being a grandmother, I take it? :)

Quoting billysangel:

Actually, this is my 2nd grandbaby! I have a granddaughter who is turning 5 this year and this will be my first grandson due in December! I am elated to say the least!!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Fun! Will this be your first grandchild? When is she due?

Quoting billysangel:

I love the idea! It's given me some ideas too for my dil's shower coming up! Thanks for this thread!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)