Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever....

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever just wanted to drop off your child to daycare or to a family member and just get back in the car and say drive to the beach for the day and enjoy some alone time? I work 2 jobs one in an office and one as a security guard, I am a mom to a 2 1/2 year old Peanut & egg allergy son, a wife who cooks dinner every night (that I don't have to work) and all my bills are paid on time.  

Maybe with being so diligent about my life I am just looking for a little time to be "careless"  I love my husband and son to pieces so please do not think there are any issues there.  I just feel like I need a day to rejuvenate me and be "free" for a day. 

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Yep!! Especially with days like today when the kids are all getting on my nerves. And there's nothing wrong with taking a break. It's normal and healthy to do so.

ladyluke2007
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Everyone needs some me time.  I know I do once in a while.

Lovin' Wife of John & Proud Momma to Ashley-27 (Lovin' Wife to Pat & Momma to Liam, Helen & Caroline), Matt-23,Tim-22,Tasha-21, Becky-19, Davy-17, Tommy-11 & Elijah-5 & Gramma of Sarah-7, Liam-5 & Nathias-27m, Helen & her twin Caroline21m, Mikey - 16m.

momof3cuteboysz
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I feel ya! I just want a date with my husband more often and a girls night! it doesnt make you a bad parent and it doent mean that you dont love your husband and child at all, everyone needs some time to them selves. I want to just sit in my jet tub with a good book for an hour and then take a nap once in awhile, sometimes i am allowed not often at all.

eln1010
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Date night or Girls night what are those?  LOL  I swear I do nothing but work and provide for my family.  I think I need to just take a day next week and go sit by the local lake with my kindle and some beverages. 

Quoting momof3cuteboysz:

I feel ya! I just want a date with my husband more often and a girls night! it doesnt make you a bad parent and it doent mean that you dont love your husband and child at all, everyone needs some time to them selves. I want to just sit in my jet tub with a good book for an hour and then take a nap once in awhile, sometimes i am allowed not often at all.

wandep
by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM
This

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Everyone needs some me time.  I know I do once in a while.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM

you need some down time once in a while ... trust me. I am divorced from DD's father and she goes there one weekend out of 2 - as much as I love my DD to death DH and I really appreciate the alone time. Also I escape about once a month to get my nails done.  It's an hour or 2 by myself and I need that !!

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM
I am thankful for the down time that I get, and for my husband's support in making that happen. Could your DH cook dinner one night so you can go out with a friend?

Everyone needs time to rejuvenate.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I totally agree with you.  I have joined a gym and now go to a class Wednesday night and DH will serve the kids dinner and eat with them and then I come home and bath them.  It's nice to get 90 minutes away and able to have that time for myself.  I also head to the gym one day on the weekend. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Absolutely! Sometimes you need time for yourself, and you should take it. There's a saying, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". And you know how on an airplane, they tell you that in an emergency to put on your oxygen mask first so that you can then help your child? Well time to yourself is like that. You'll go back refreshed and revived.  

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:09 PM
I would love that. I have been either pregnant or bfing for the last 6+ years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN