Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Back to School Fashion

By ReneeJRoss on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:00 AM

School is back in session and I don't know who is happier, me or my son! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my son but I also crave the regimented schedule that school brings.  And do you know what else I love? SCHOOL SHOPPING! I have always enjoyed the summer ritual of shopping for clothes.

I generally leave my son home when I shop for him but I keep his preferences in mind and have yet to disappoint him.  One of my favorite places to shop is Target, because they know that when it comes to back to school every little thing is a really big deal.  

On my shopping trip I was able to pick up a few items that are fun and funky and my son is totally pleased. He is a huge fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I found this heather grey tee featuring Michaelangelo for just $8.00 bucks. A TMNT on a skateboard? Score. I paired it with these dark grey flat front shorts from the Shawn White line (an actual skateboarder!). Yup, I am officially the coolest mom on the block.

I know my son also has a thing for patterns so I had to pick up a couple other things that I knew he'd like. I started with a graphic tee from Cherokee. I think I have a thing for heather because this one is a green heathered tee with a disassembled bicycle. Although my son is not quite big enough to ride a ten speeder, I know he will enjoy this shirt. I paired it with bright olive cargo pants adorned with jungle leaves. And together? This outfit is funky! A bit off the beaten path, a little quirky but all the way fun!

You may have noticed my focus for school is on shorts and tees but it is August and although school is back in session, summer remains in full swing here in Georgia. I plan on adding additional tees and shorts to my son's wardrobe and will supplement his wardrobe in the Fall. Here in Atlanta that means sometime in October! If you are looking for more BTS styling tips, check out Target's Pinterest Board.

When looking for clothes for your child do you stick with traditional or do you go a bit fun and funky like me?

ReneeJRoss About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • momofnatalie
  • by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM
  • My 4 yr old loves to dress herself and she is very girly girl and loves to mix prints.  I will normally use my veto power if its too much.  On picture day I get to choose the outfit.  lol 

• Quote Reply
  • MistressMinerva
  • by Jennifer on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • I always had to take my daughter with me because she was very picky with her clothes. My grandson Damian who is 7 and just started 2nd Grade doesn't care. He will wear whatever you give him. Here he is on his first day of school yesterday.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN