Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's the Weekend!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 165 Replies
TGIF
It' Finally Friday!

What are you doing this weekend?

Do you have any fun plans or just taking it easy?

Tell us what's going on in your world!

Let's Chat!

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I think we are going shooting, don't know if it's tonight or tomorrow...

Or at least Mike is, I don't know if I'll be going with him or not. No other plans. =)

dommad2
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM
We have the Open house for the Studio this weekend so the kids have 3 hours of workshop classes tomorrow. Then we have to run over to Dom's school for the sneak peek to meet his teacher and stuff. Need to get some of the ADD and tic disorder conversation out of the way.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM

We are FINALLY going to take it easy this weekend. We made an offer on the house we wanted and after several days of back and forth, we could not come to an agreement so my DH and I decided to walk away. We are bummed about it, but believe things happen for a reason and this was not meant to be.

We are going to take a break from the house hunt for a couple weeks and just enjoy some much needed down time. We don't have any definitive plans so really anything or nothing goes....haha

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I think it's best sometimes to stop negotiating and sit back and regroup. I have a rental property that I decided to sell and had an offer a few months ago, but after back & forth, there were just too many complications with their financing, so we walked away from the deal. Just got a cash offer-more than the last deal-two weeks ago, and we close next week! Things will work out for you too.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

We are FINALLY going to take it easy this weekend. We made an offer on the house we wanted and after several days of back and forth, we could not come to an agreement so my DH and I decided to walk away. We are bummed about it, but believe things happen for a reason and this was not meant to be.

We are going to take a break from the house hunt for a couple weeks and just enjoy some much needed down time. We don't have any definitive plans so really anything or nothing goes....haha

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We're going out to dinner with some friends we haven't been out with for awhile, so it will be nice to catch up. We're having a heat wave here-97 and heat index is 107, so too hot to do anything outdoors. I'm going to try to organize and clean out some cabinets and drawers and get rid of a bunch of stuff. Time to simplify. Why do we hang on to things we really don't like or need?

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM

More explanation needed. What is the Studio and workshop classes?

Nice to meet the teacher before school stars. When does it start for you?

Quoting dommad2: We have the Open house for the Studio this weekend so the kids have 3 hours of workshop classes tomorrow. Then we have to run over to Dom's school for the sneak peek to meet his teacher and stuff. Need to get some of the ADD and tic disorder conversation out of the way.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Shooting range? We haven't been in awhile. Sometimes it's nice to have no plans and just see what happens.

Quoting DanaG70:

Or at least Mike is, I don't know if I'll be going with him or not. No other plans. =)

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Yes, my husband competes, so we are spend a lot of time at the shooting range on weekends, and a couple times a during the week, or at least he does, if it's too hot, I usually stay home.  

Quoting SweetLuci:

Shooting range? We haven't been in awhile. Sometimes it's nice to have no plans and just see what happens.

Quoting DanaG70:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Not sure what's going on at this point. One of my son's is moving tomorrow. Still in the same city as us. :)  Dell called themselves fixing my computer by talking on the phone with me and taking over my computer. They had it running decent. Notice I said decent, for a couple days. Now it's all slow again. DH thinks it's because it's a AMD. He his so mad..........Lol

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Well that completely sucks! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN