Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Who would you pick?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

If you could pick one woman in history to have an hour to talk to, who would you pick? What would you talk about? 

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nimue930
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Mary, the mother of Jesus... I'd want to know if she knew ahead of time that her son was going to be tortured to death in front of her... and, how she was able to watch such a thing...  I really want to know.

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Ayn Rand or Simone de Beauvoir.

I'd have a separate set of questions for each.
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:53 PM
What indicates to you that this girl/woman really, historically existed?

Quoting Nimue930:

Mary, the mother of Jesus... I'd want to know if she knew ahead of time that her son was going to be tortured to death in front of her... and, how she was able to watch such a thing...  I really want to know.

Nimue930
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I think there is ample, historical evidence of Jesus's existence... and I choose to believe it.  Didn't know I needed to prove it.... 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: What indicates to you that this girl/woman really, historically existed?
Quoting Nimue930:

Nimue930
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I'd also LOVE to talk to Madeleine Albright... not sure she is "historical" quite yet tho!! 

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM
But I'm speaking about evidence of a Mary...

Quoting Nimue930:

I think there is ample, historical evidence of Jesus's existence... and I choose to believe it.  Didn't know I needed to prove it.... 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: What indicates to you that this girl/woman really, historically existed?
Quoting Nimue930:

Nimue930
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Well, he had to have a mom, right?  I doubt he was hatched, or beamed here....  So ya, I believe there was a Mary... and this is HYPOTHETICAL, right?  I mean, none of us can talk to our "historical" figures so... 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: But I'm speaking about evidence of a Mary...
Quoting Nimue930:

Quoting Nimue930:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Princess Diana .. her life :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 2:07 AM

I'm not sure.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Jacqueline Kennedy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN