Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How Are You Spending the Final Days of Summer?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 142 Replies

How are you spending the final  days of summer?'

My son has been in school for a couple of weeks now, but the weather is still pretty hot here. We are heading for a cool down next week and then fall will soon set in.
We have been taking advantage of these final weeks of summer and enjoying the pool, parks and other fun outdoor activities.

How are you and your family spending the last few weeks of summer? Do you have any final summer plans or vacations set before fall?

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
DS is in kindergarten, the other two have a nanny, and I'm on bed rest. I'm just hoping I manage to remain pregnant for the rest of the summer, and that we manage to survive it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM

How far along are you?
How long have you been on bedrest?

Quoting booaura: DS is in kindergarten, the other two have a nanny, and I'm on bed rest. I'm just hoping I manage to remain pregnant for the rest of the summer, and that we manage to survive it.

booaura
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I'll be 25 weeks on Wednesday, I've been on bed rest since I was discharged from the hospital just before the weekend.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

How far along are you?How long have you been on bedrest?

Quoting booaura: DS is in kindergarten, the other two have a nanny, and I'm on bed rest. I'm just hoping I manage to remain pregnant for the rest of the summer, and that we manage to survive it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM

((Hugs)) Definitely take it easy and relax. I hope you have a very uneventful and relaxing rest of the summer.

Quoting booaura: I'll be 25 weeks on Wednesday, I've been on bed rest since I was discharged from the hospital just before the weekend.
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

booaura
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I'm trying, but I'm so uncomfortable, it's hard to relax. And thank you. Me too. I want to be done with this pregnancy, but I also don't want them to come too early.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

((Hugs)) Definitely take it easy and relax. I hope you have a very uneventful and relaxing rest of the summer.

Quoting booaura: I'll be 25 weeks on Wednesday, I've been on bed rest since I was discharged from the hospital just before the weekend.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dommad2
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Dr's appointments, hair cut, and school supplies drop off.
scapermom
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM

My DD doesn't start until next week so this is her last week of summer vacation. I don't have something planned for each day, but we'll spend it doing some things to get ready for school (like shopping for new sneakers). We'll also go to a local theme park one day. But mostly we'll just be realxing and not running around too much since that will all be starting up again very soon!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I know it must be difficult to essentially be stuck in place, but just remember it is what's best.
Are you having twins?

Quoting booaura: I'm trying, but I'm so uncomfortable, it's hard to relax. And thank you. Me too. I want to be done with this pregnancy, but I also don't want them to come too early.
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

kit_manson
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I'm frantically tying up the last bits of stuff to do! Both my son and I are starting school, and it's a flurry of paperwork and such, especially since I have to get my disability paperwork in for OSAP.

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM

It looks like we night be looking at the last big storms of the summer.  :(  But the start of September means that my husband and I start to plan out what we're going to do for Halloween.  Nothing goes up till October first.  But this year we have a new yard to work with so it will take some extra planing.

cat 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN