Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

sleeping tips

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
My baby is 10 months old and she just doesn't sleep at night any more she used to sleep wonderfully but the last 4 months she's up constantly. She rolls over and over and can't get comfortable. I let her try to put her self back to bed but she can't get settled and ends up screaming . Besides letting her cry it out because I can't handle that any suggestions. I'm jus exhausted. She is currently sleeping in her crib. I jus don't know what to try with her please help.
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Does she go to sleep and then wake up fitfully? Do you have a consistent bedtime routine?

My thoughts are first to make sure that the bedtime routine is down solid. Do restful, peaceful things that lead naturally towards bed: bath, lotion, rocking, nursing/bottle, lullaby, lights out. If you've already got a good routine in place, then maybe it's something environmental that's bothering her. Have you put dark curtains in to block out light? What about using a fan or white noise machine to block out ambient noise?

Just a few thoughts. Obviously there are a lot of factors that lead towards baby sleeping, but I hope you can get some ideas to help you both get the rest you need.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
And by the way, welcome to the group!
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM

GET THIS BOOK.

It is old enough that you can probably just find it at the library. I read the entire thing in one night. Seriously, it has a solution for everything and all of it works - and this guy isn't completely pro-cry it out. Honestly, he's pretty straight forward and the stuff he suggests makes a ton of sense. I especially like that you can read the personal stories of others and sort of figure out who you identify with.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:06 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Welcome to the group,
Aww .. I like what the other 2 posters suggested.
Hope it helps & hugs to you :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:21 AM

:( I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions!

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:47 AM

With my youngest we struggled, we stuck to the same routine and tried a lot of the techniques.  She needed more comforting so when she is unable to go to sleep, I will first pat her on her chest or back for a minute or two to comfort her.  I will then stay in the room with her and won't say anything to her. She normally will peek up to see if I am there and she eventually falls asleep.  Since she has been teething there are nights tougher than others.  I hope you find a technique that will work for your baby. 

lindsey546
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM
We do try and stick to the same routine but it's Def not consistent so I'll have to work on that.
When she wakes she crys and if we don't get to her she full blown freaks out and then takes a while to settle her back down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)