Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Goodbye Shoes!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  • 36 Replies

Before I had children I had a really good shoe collection.  Then after I stopped working, I didn't really need a lot of dressier shoes and ended up mostly wearing sandals and my workout shoes.  So on special occassions I would get dressed up and wear some of my dressier shoes.  After DD #1, it was no problem, but after DD #2, my feet got larger by 1/2 size so its so uncomfortable to wear them.   We have a wedding in a few weeks to attend and now I need to go and get new shoes.  I'm just sad that I have to get rid of them, they are still in great condition.  I guess they will go on my donate pile. 

Did your feet change size after pregnancy?

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I got lucky, just had #4 and my shoe size never changed even during pregnancy.

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

They got a little wider I think, but that is about it

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:02 AM

No.  I wish they got wider.  I have narrow heels and have a horrible time finding dress shoes that fit.  The stores don't carry narrow shoes, I have to order online and cross my fingers that the shoe will fit.  Many times even though the shoe is supposed to be a 7.5AA, it is still to wide and slips off my heel.  It would have been great if my foot went to a 7.5B.  *sigh*

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I had the same problem, but with age and weight gain, they are now a B. Have you tried the heel hugs that stick to the inside heel of your shoe? Those helped me.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No.  I wish they got wider.  I have narrow heels and have a horrible time finding dress shoes that fit.  The stores don't carry narrow shoes, I have to order online and cross my fingers that the shoe will fit.  Many times even though the shoe is supposed to be a 7.5AA, it is still to wide and slips off my heel.  It would have been great if my foot went to a 7.5B.  *sigh*

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM

There's a program that gives business clothing and shoes to women who are entering the work force. I think it's run by Goodwill, not sure. I'll have to ask my sister. She donated a lot to them.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Sometimes works, usually doesn't.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I had the same problem, but with age and weight gain, they are now a B. Have you tried the heel hugs that stick to the inside heel of your shoe? Those helped me.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Mine got bigger and wider.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM

You are definitely lucky.  My sister went up a whole shoe size, I just went up a 1/2 size but also a bit wider too. 

Quoting Bresmom13:

I got lucky, just had #4 and my shoe size never changed even during pregnancy.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM

That must be tough.  I know I've ordered online before and I will only order if they offer free return shipping because 60% of the time they have to go back.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Oh that would be great.  I normally donate to the Salvation Army because they are so good about sending out a truck to pick up my items.

Quoting SweetLuci:

There's a program that gives business clothing and shoes to women who are entering the work force. I think it's run by Goodwill, not sure. I'll have to ask my sister. She donated a lot to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN