Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pet fish

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:29 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ever have one? How long did it last? DD just got her first one a few weeks ago. Seems to be doing well. Dh is taking care of it for her while we are visiting family.

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarieGoldberger
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM

The only fish that Brett had he got trick-or-treating from a pet store (I know right, total marketing ploy). It died within a week and he was devestated. I had one of those colorful fighting fish (betta maybe?) a while ago. It lasted for a while but wasn't a very fun pet.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

No way, that's crazy as a trick or treating gift.  Funny!  Too bad it died!!

I had a beta and the darn thing flipped out of the bowl in the middle of the night on a full moon.  Poor thing!

Quoting MarieGoldberger:

The only fish that Brett had he got trick-or-treating from a pet store (I know right, total marketing ploy). It died within a week and he was devestated. I had one of those colorful fighting fish (betta maybe?) a while ago. It lasted for a while but wasn't a very fun pet.

MarieGoldberger
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Didn't mean to be to negative on fish. I've got some friends with larger aquarium setups (the ones with filters and such), and they have fish that they take good care of and last a lot longer, so I think it really depends what kind you get :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We had some when we were kids, and DS has talked off and on about wanting one. I would be fine with him getting one, but only when he's consistently showing interest. He's at the age where I think that owning a pet means learning how to be responsible for its care in some capacity.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Oh yes several
Good luck :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 3:02 AM
I had some. I also had snails and some african dwarf frogs. All cute :)
Iamvicann
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM
I had gold fish in a huge tank. I hadto give them away after I had them for about 4 years. One that we had was 6 yr old when it died and was 14 in long. My mom had itfor 3 I had it for 3.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:26 PM
That was not negative at all! I knew that it was a risk that it mught not live long but my sister also had a goldfish for like three yrs or more which seemed really unusual

Quoting MarieGoldberger:

Didn't mean to be to negative on fish. I've got some friends with larger aquarium setups (the ones with filters and such), and they have fish that they take good care of and last a lot longer, so I think it really depends what kind you get :)

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:28 PM
What did you feed the snails? Pretty cool!

Quoting melliburger: I had some. I also had snails and some african dwarf frogs. All cute :)
melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 1:57 AM

The snails were in the same tank as the fish :) So I thin they just ate fish food as it floated down!

Quoting ablackdolphin: What did you feed the snails? Pretty cool!
Quoting melliburger: I had some. I also had snails and some african dwarf frogs. All cute :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN