Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's FINALLY Friday & Labor Day Weekend!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 130 Replies

Welcome to Labor Day Weekend!

It's officially the end of summer (almost)!

Do you have the long weekend off work?

What are your plans for the holiday weekend?

Let's Chat!

falling_leaves

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Friday Morning!

It has been a long week and I am so ready for the weekend.

We spent a couple of days house hunting this week. We found a house we like in our expanded area. We are going to look at it again today and heck out traffic patterns and how long it would take to get back to this part of town where my DH works.

Other than that, we are going to Dodge City this weekend to explore the area. We are going to make a day and possibly a night of it. I'm excited to see what the town has to offer especially since I am a  history nerd...haha

steffielou_who
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Dh has a long weekend, being a teacher, and we have a carnival in town for labor day weekend so I'm sure we will end up down there at some point!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Going to the movies twice today! Once to see "if I Stay with some friends from work. And later that night my husband and I are seeing "Expendables 3".
Saturday, I plan on relaxing. Doing a little grocery shopping.
Sunday Night and Monday Night, I am back to work!
MandaMom23
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Happy Weekend!  We are just planning a bonfire and spending time relaxing at home.

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Happy Friday Everyone!!! Just have to make it through this day of work and yes I have a 3 day weekend. WOOOHOOO!!!

my4kids274
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Well it should be interesting in the fact that my oldest daughter is bringing her boyfriend and  his mother over to our house for dinner tonight.  She has been officialy dating him for 3 months now but they have been friends for 2 years. 

We are having a cookout with friends on Saturday and Sunday and Monday we are not doing much of anything.  :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

A carnival sounds so fun! I love things like that and it's one of the reason fall is my favorite season.

Quoting steffielou_who: Dh has a long weekend, being a teacher, and we have a carnival in town for labor day weekend so I'm sure we will end up down there at some point!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Have a great time! Two movies in one day is a treat!

I want to see If I Stay. You will have to tell us how you liked it.

I watched Expendables 3 a couple weeks ago during a pre-screening event. I enjoyed it, I hope you do too. A couple of funny one liners!

Quoting TurboMom81: Going to the movies twice today! Once to see "if I Stay with some friends from work. And later that night my husband and I are seeing "Expendables 3". Saturday, I plan on relaxing. Doing a little grocery shopping. Sunday Night and Monday Night, I am back to work!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM

A bonfire!! I am inviting myself to your house! haha

I love bonfires. Are you going to have people over or just a family thing?

Quoting MandaMom23:

Happy Weekend!  We are just planning a bonfire and spending time relaxing at home.

mylilprincesses
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Dh gets a 4 day weekend. Sadly we have whole another month of summer here. Hottest summer months here in Texas are august and September. It's starts to get cooler in October.
We will probably go to a firework show this weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)