Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Books

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
What are great books for an 18 year old girl and an 8 year old girl?
by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Gosh has been a while so not sure,
For your younger dd .. what does she like to read & your oldest?
Hope someone else can give you some ideas ;)

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 2:19 AM

I know when I was 8, I loved Charlotte's Web.  When I was 18, I was in college so all of my reading was for school.  I would probably recommend checking the best seller list and see if there are any books that may interest her.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 2:38 AM

18 year old I would go off the best seller list or see what's featured on barne's and noble website or another bookstore website.

8 year old, I would look in the YA books.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Sorry no help but following...
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Quoting momofnatalie:

When I was 18, I was in college so all of my reading was for school.  I would probably recommend checking the best seller list and see if there are any books that may interest her.

I was going to say the same thing. Not a lot of pleasure reading going on for me when I was 18... there was just no time.

That said, if the 18 year old likes to read, almost anything could be good. I use Goodreads.com for almost all my book selections.

My 7 year old (girl) is pretty into the Magic Treehouse series. She also likes those Disney Tinkerbell books. There are a couple of other series girls in her class read - I'd just google "best series books for 3rd grade." I don't like them now, but from about 2nd to 5th grade, I loved series books. They were familiar and it was always a fun goal to read all of them. I think most kids are the same way.

CRYSTAL1420
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM
My 8yo love to read. She likes a rush limbaugh series called rush revere, they are based on history pretty awesome books. Ever after high, Judy Blume, Judy moody, junie b Jones, the list goes on and on. Right now we are reading one called the night gardener.
CalicoMeezer
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:05 PM
My dd loves AnericanGirl books. She is almost. 8, in 2nd grade, but reading way above level. She's currently reading a Samantha Mystery.
mamatink7
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Little House on the Prairie series for the 8 yr old (will need help at times); Judy Moody series; Anne of Green Gables series. i have noticed that with this age group, series will keep them reading more and more with developing a stronger love of reading for life!

Gossip Girl series for 18 yr old; Sweet Dream series; The Outsiders; Christy

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Well, without a starting point of interest, it 's pretty difficult just list off books at random.

Could you specify some they've already shown an interest in and their reading level?
psurmont
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM
The 18 year old likes murder mystery. The 8 year old reads on a 5th grade level.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: Well, without a starting point of interest, it 's pretty difficult just list off books at random.

Could you specify some they've already shown an interest in and their reading level?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)