Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you think?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you like the name Adalee (Add-ah-lee)

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

I'm pregnant with a baby girl and I wanted to know if you like the name Adalee (Add-ah-lee) I'm not sure on the spelling yet so just go by the sound of the name. The middle name will be Marie or Joy.

by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:44 PM

It's cute!  I like Adalee Marie.

-dannylove-
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Really? Its so good to hear someone say that! I love the name but so many people say its weird.

Quoting momofnatalie:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Yes... I have heard it before and I think it's very pretty. Goes well with both of your middle names, too. :-)

When are you due? Congrats!
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I like how it sounds together.  My advice to you, don't ask your friends and family, they will steer you all over the place.  Don't reveal the name until after she is born because then there is no arguments or conversations of people giving their two cents.  I did that with both girls because when I was pregnant with DD #1, I had lengthy discussions with people on why they didn't like a name.  Apparently, everyone has met someone that irritated them in their life and when I gave them my short list, that's all I heard.  So I told my family members we were having a naming contest.  Everyone could submit 2 names and no duplicates, so I told them if the name was taken.  At the birth, the name was announced and the winner won a $10 GC.  My nephew got it and was so happy.  He thought that he helped named my daughter but we decided long before the contest but I just wanted everyone to get off the naming discussion.  lol

Quoting -dannylove-:

Really? Its so good to hear someone say that! I love the name but so many people say its weird.

Quoting momofnatalie:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Yes .. very pretty :)

melindabelcher
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Baby will fit the name :) 

It will become a part of her. 

michiganmom116
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I like it!

virginiamama71
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM

It's a pretty name

mom2jessnky
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I'm not a fan... I don't like the whole made up name craze that has been happening for years now. Would Adalee be cute for childhood? Sure, but does it work when she's an adult? I don't think so.  

I do, however, like the name Adelaide which is similar, and you could call her Addie, as a kid, and it translates into adulthood.

It's just my opinion of course but I think too many parents forget that eventually their kid will be an adult and no one is going to hire an Attorney named Ya'Highness or some other weird name. Not saying everyone is going to be a lawyer, but for my kids at least I'd like it to be an option.

-dannylove-
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:52 AM

My cousin he has an Adelaide. I personally don't see a difference in adulthood with the two names. I can see how it would be a little off for an adult but not to bad. I'll have to think about it more.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I'm not a fan... I don't like the whole made up name craze that has been happening for years now. Would Adalee be cute for childhood? Sure, but does it work when she's an adult? I don't think so.  

I do, however, like the name Adelaide which is similar, and you could call her Addie, as a kid, and it translates into adulthood.

It's just my opinion of course but I think too many parents forget that eventually their kid will be an adult and no one is going to hire an Attorney named Ya'Highness or some other weird name. Not saying everyone is going to be a lawyer, but for my kids at least I'd like it to be an option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN