Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Falls in the air??? NOT HERE!!

billysangel
Wednesday at 8:45 PM
Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM
  • 49 Replies

I recently saw a thread about Fall in the air...where is it?confused

I went outside and looked all around for it, but I only see steam and heat coming from my driveway. And humidity. And bugs. BUT...No Fall.  I live in the great state of Georgia...or sometimes a state of confusion; depends on my day...but, and I don't know about some of you other southerners, it's been some crazy weather here in the south! Oh...and, STOP TEASING ME PLEASE!! frustrated

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alexsi1
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:15 AM

LOL, I'm in Ohio and we don't see fall until about mid September/early October.

rebelrose79
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in TN. Heat, humidity and bugs. Omg the bugs! I am ready for fall. I want to be able to sit in the pick up line at my kids school and not melt and be able to sit on my porch and not get eat up by bugs. I don't remember it being this bad last summer.
billysangel
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I hear ya! I have the same issue when I get my grand daughter at school. I can't leave my car running because the exhaust is loud(mustang) and it has black leather interior so I burn up. I keep saying I just need to get over it and take out the loud pipes and go back to the originals but I love the sound. Yes, I am one of those grandma's! I am not old yet! Besides, I had to wait until I was in my 40's before I could get a mustang and dammit! I am going to enjoy it! 

Quoting rebelrose79: I live in TN. Heat, humidity and bugs. Omg the bugs! I am ready for fall. I want to be able to sit in the pick up line at my kids school and not melt and be able to sit on my porch and not get eat up by bugs. I don't remember it being this bad last summer.

my4kids274
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I am here in Maryland and some of our trees have already started to turn.  Today is hotter than heck right now.  

SweetMama823
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM
In Tx we're still very HOT & HUMID! Come on fall weather I miss you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billysangel
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM

LOL I started to get excited because the leaves are starting to fall off the trees here and I thought...finally!  Fall is coming. However, DH had to go and spoil it for me by saying its just the heat. GRRR!! Thanks a LOT! 

Quoting my4kids274:

I am here in Maryland and some of our trees have already started to turn.  Today is hotter than heck right now.  

lil_mama06
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I live in Oregon...And the nights are getting chilly...It's supposed to get up to 87 tho...Some of the trees are changing colors and a few leaves have dropped....

mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Where in Georgia are you? 

Summer is still in swing here in the Atlanta area.. it is supposed to be in the 90s again today...heat..humidity...bugs everywhere...yep..it's September..one of GA's hottest months. It won't be fall here until the end of October or so...it's supposed to be 90 for the next 2 weeks it looks like. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

billysangel
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Where in Georgia are you? 

Summer is still in swing here in the Atlanta area.. it is supposed to be in the 90s again today...heat..humidity...bugs everywhere...yep..it's September..one of GA's hottest months. It won't be fall here until the end of October or so...it's supposed to be 90 for the next 2 weeks it looks like. 

I am about 30 min east of atl in Covington. And it's rediculous weather! Humidity is awful!!! Especially on my hair! I have naturally curly hair and even after I put a lot of extra effort in it and straightening it, it still tries to poof!! Dammit!

rebelrose79
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I don't blame ya. My husband had a mustang. Now he has a camero. Neither one had or has a/c. But he is into fixing up sports cars. The a/c in my car works while driving but sitting still it doesn't work that well. Hopefully the south will start cooling off soon and give us some relief.

Quoting billysangel:

I hear ya! I have the same issue when I get my grand daughter at school. I can't leave my car running because the exhaust is loud(mustang) and it has black leather interior so I burn up. I keep saying I just need to get over it and take out the loud pipes and go back to the originals but I love the sound. Yes, I am one of those grandma's! I am not old yet! Besides, I had to wait until I was in my 40's before I could get a mustang and dammit! I am going to enjoy it! 

Quoting rebelrose79: I live in TN. Heat, humidity and bugs. Omg the bugs! I am ready for fall. I want to be able to sit in the pick up line at my kids school and not melt and be able to sit on my porch and not get eat up by bugs. I don't remember it being this bad last summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)