Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my son is 4 months old

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

my son is 4 months old. he is eating 4 oz every two hours. evryone keeps telling me he should be eating more and more time inbetween but even when i give him 5 oz rarely 6 he will still want to eat every two hours. what should i do?

by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
army_wifey_06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I haven't ever bottle fed so I've always just nursed on demand. Here's a bump for you!
michiganmom116
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Feed him as much as he wants.  My granddaughter is barely 4 months old and will easily take 6 oz....then 30 minutes later she'll take another 2 oz.  and be satisfied for a few hours.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM

do what works for you :)

Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Keep feeding him. My son was a little greedy with his bottle :)

sunshinepraying
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Found this:

In the first four to six months when your baby isn't eating any solids, here's a simple rule of thumb: Offer 2.5 ounces of formula per pound of body weight each day. For example, if your baby weighs 6 pounds, you'll give her about 15 ounces of formula in a 24-hour period.
sunshinepraying
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM
For every pound your baby weighs, s/he should be eating approximately 2.5 oz of formula. So if she is 10 lbs, that’s 25oz per day. Most kids top off at 32 oz; the general consensus is that anything between 16-32 oz per day is in the realm of “normal” (god, I hate that word). In terms of how often, most sites/experts advise every 2-4 hours in the beginning, with longer stretches at night as the baby grows. Again using our 10-pounder as an example, this might mean five 5-oz bottles per day. But some kids are snackers, so this could also mean feeding a baby every 2-3 hours with 2-oz bottles. Just depends on the kid.
sunshinepraying
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:38 AM
From reading above, it sounds like your baby might be more of a snacker, which is fine. I would just continue doing what you're doing. It sounds like it's working fine for your little one. Don't worry about what others are saying
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Feed him as much as he wants :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN