Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Baby name problems...

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 58 Replies
We are expecting our first girl in January (after 3 boys!!!!) and we are having the hardest time coming up with a name. Dh and I like the name Hadley Anne but yesterday my brother's gf was texting me and she said they like the name Hadley for if they ever have a girl. They've been dating for a year and are not trying for a baby (my brother wants to be married first but she would love to be pregnant now). Things were rocky between them the last couple weeks but are supposedly better now. Dh thinks we should just use it but I don't want to make anyone mad. I'm sure we can find another name it's just hard because this is our last baby.
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this

If you like the name Hadley, then use it.  They're not married and anything can happen.

army_wifey_06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom said the same thing which surprised me lol. I expected her to say no don't do it because she doesn't like drama and I'm sure this would cause drama.

Quoting michiganmom116:

If you like the name Hadley, then use it.  They're not married and anything can happen.

MissRN
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this
If you like it use it! We are going through something similar, it seems silly to change the name because of a theoretical future child who may or may not be a girl. Especially if they might not stick together. You guys are pregnant now, it's yours to use.
michiganmom116
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You picked the name first.  If brother gets married to this girl and if they have a girl, she may decide on another name.  I have 4 boys and 1 girl, and I did not name her any of the other girl names I had picked with the other pregnancies.

Quoting army_wifey_06: My mom said the same thing which surprised me lol. I expected her to say no don't do it because she doesn't like drama and I'm sure this would cause drama.
Quoting michiganmom116:

Night_Roane
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM
If she texted that to you knowing that you're pregnant then it sounds like a suggestion to me
army_wifey_06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Thanks! That's how I feel I just don't want to make anyone mad haha.

Quoting MissRN: If you like it use it! We are going through something similar, it seems silly to change the name because of a theoretical future child who may or may not be a girl. Especially if they might not stick together. You guys are pregnant now, it's yours to use.
army_wifey_06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
We are the same way...we don't like any of the girl names that we had picked out with our previous pregnancies.

Quoting michiganmom116:

You picked the name first.  If brother gets married to this girl and if they have a girl, she may decide on another name.  I have 4 boys and 1 girl, and I did not name her any of the other girl names I had picked with the other pregnancies.

Quoting army_wifey_06: My mom said the same thing which surprised me lol. I expected her to say no don't do it because she doesn't like drama and I'm sure this would cause drama.

Quoting michiganmom116:

army_wifey_06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM
My friend thought the same thing but she has always said even before I knew I was having a girl that they like Remington for a boy and Hadley for a girl. They were trying for a short period of time (according to her I never asked my brother) but she had endometriosis and didn't get pregnant.

Quoting Night_Roane: If she texted that to you knowing that you're pregnant then it sounds like a suggestion to me
DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I would use the name.

His girlfriend needs another name for her future children.
Night_Roane
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM
It sounds to me like she wants the name to live on since she couldn't get pregnant. But maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Quoting army_wifey_06: My friend thought the same thing but she has always said even before I knew I was having a girl that they like Remington for a boy and Hadley for a girl. They were trying for a short period of time (according to her I never asked my brother) but she had endometriosis and didn't get pregnant.

Quoting Night_Roane: If she texted that to you knowing that you're pregnant then it sounds like a suggestion to me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN