Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks to All Of U--Had An Exciting Day--Sorry So Long--UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

I want to start by thanking all you wonderful ladies and your great advice on how to cheer up. I will try them, but unfortunately, I am still worried for her.

On the lighter side, I had a great day.  Thanks to a friend through my brother I was invited to a conference concerning college loans with a state senator. Here I am thinking I will just sneak in as John Q Public and listen in.

Oh no! A friend of his happened to be there as I was signing in and told them about my brother. I wound up in reserved seating for the big government officials. Here I am sitting going,oh geez, I am out of my element here. I'm no big government official or deal with politics local or other wise. All these people dressed in business suits and dresses. Here I am in my black leisure slacks and black tee shirt with gold sparkly spider webs for Halloween.  I didn't know I was to dress up even business casual.

Better yet, she was there about college education and how expensive it is today. I was very much into the conference as DH and I are college graduates dealing with outrageous college loans.  At the end of the conference she took audience questions. I was lucky and explained about how DH is soul provider due to my health issues and now our daughter. But struggling with outrageous college loans.

Surprise surprise! I was given a business card from her personal assistant to email her with my story and then at the end of it a very nice woman approached me from the legislative branch of government, the other woman's boss, wanting all my personal information.  She said she is taking it personally to the senator and that yes, indeed, I will be hearing from them very soon with help for our health care and college loans.

I was like, REALLY? Me? Little ol me? John Q Public? She said yes, indeed. This was all so exciting to me. It may not be all that thrilling to everyone and that's okay, but it was to me. At least gave me some of enlightenment into the hope of getting us some financial help.

LOL. I feel like I was mingling with super stars today.  That's just me. It was exciting and I just wanted to share my story with all of you.

Heard from the Senator's office today.  We are so excited.  They actually read my email I sent the other day and the woman in charge of helping with college loans contacted me today.

She is sending me paper work today for us to fill out and the Senator is going to work on our behalf with the lender to help get college loan costs down for us.

We are so excited.  Finally someone stepping up to the plate and offering a helping hand to us.

The Senator will never know how eternally grateful we are to her for her support and help.

I just wanted to share it with all of you.

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:55 PM
That is fantastic!!! So happy for you!!!
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM

How exciting, that is great! 

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Thanks.

Quoting ablackdolphin: That is fantastic!!! So happy for you!!!

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Thanks.

Quoting momofnatalie:

How exciting, that is great! 

melliburger
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:12 AM

That is amazing! :)

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Thanks.

Quoting melliburger:

That is amazing! :)

wandep
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Cool!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Happy for you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)