Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: What Decade Mom Are You?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:30 AM
  • 68 Replies

Take this CafeMom Quiz and share your results in the replies below!

What do you think? Do you agree with your result?

Let us know - which decade are you?

apronon vacation80s bluerock n rollbriefcase

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM

According to the quiz, I am a Modern Mom!

I few questions I could have answered multiple ways but for the most part, I think this describes me pretty well.

The Modern Mom
You and your husband strive to be equal partners when it comes to raising the kids, but it doesn't always quite work out that way. You’re juggling work, car pools, exercise, play dates, date night, school activities, and running a household. You don’t always have time to make dinner so you opt for healthy, prepared meals. You like a clean house so the kids pitch in with chores. You treat your kids with respect. You give them independence, but you're cautious about it in today's world. You give them responsibility, but guide them when needed.

goldpandora
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:36 AM
LOL - this is pretty accurate!

You might seem laid back, but you take raising little human beings quite seriously. While you make sure they're fed and have clothes on their back, you believe your most important role is to build character. You give your kids lots of independence so they'll grow up to be confident, self-sufficient, and ambitious. You think it's important that they have other influences in their life and socialization is important, so you'll put them in daycare even if you're a stay-at-home mom.

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I love this picture...haha

I gave my kids a lot of independence too but I think my other answers trumped those...haha

Quoting goldpandora:
LOL - this is pretty accurate!

You might seem laid back, but you take raising little human beings quite seriously. While you make sure they're fed and have clothes on their back, you believe your most important role is to build character. You give your kids lots of independence so they'll grow up to be confident, self-sufficient, and ambitious. You think it's important that they have other influences in their life and socialization is important, so you'll put them in daycare even if you're a stay-at-home mom.

mamadee1971
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM

You and your husband strive to be equal partners when it comes to raising the kids, but it doesn't always quite work out that way. You’re juggling work, car pools, exercise, play dates, date night, school activities, and running a household. You don’t always have time to make dinner so you opt for healthy, prepared meals. You like a clean house so the kids pitch in with chores. You treat your kids with respect. You give them independence, but you're cautious about it in today's world. You give them responsibility, but guide them when needed.

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM

my result is: 60s-70s mom. I agree with most of it except for the daycare part.

chari83
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM

You are your kids' number-one cheerleader and their happiness is of the utmost importance. You want the best for them and see nothing wrong with intervening to make that happen. You help them do their homework, arrange play dates, and attend all their sporting events and school plays, even if you have to take a day off from work. Your kids can depend on you. You want your kid to know the world is his oyster and the pearl is there for the taking.
johnny4ever
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM

You are a true matriarch and likely a stay-at-home mom. Your family means the world to you. You devote yourself to it and the job of "mother" entirely. Your home runs like a well-oiled machine -- you ensure that your family is fed (school lunches are out of the question), your house is clean, and your children well behaved. You're involved in everything they do, but you also make time for yourself. You always look your best and manicures and trips to the salon are on your monthly calendar.

50's mom

chari83
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM
On cellphone and I couldnt copy picture but I got 80s mom
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I'm off to take the quiz.  After seeing a few previews of the Goldbergs, I think I might be that nosy lady who likes to think she's cool :). 

Except for I'm stumped already on question one, because my answer isn't there....My "ideal" car isn't there either.  Hmmm, this could be interesting!

I'm surprised.  I got Modern Mom, and right in the description there are some things that don't match up with what I answered...we almost always have a homecooked meal - when you live 50 miles from town anything else isn't even generally an option.

After reading the last few lines, though, I do agree.  This one does fit me well:
You like a clean house so the kids pitch in with chores. You treat your kids with respect. You give them independence, but you're cautious about it in today's world. You give them responsibility, but guide them when needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)