Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 28 Replies

I live in the country and on my driveway there are four houses. It is all family. One house is my family, one is my inlaws, one is my dh aunt and uncle and the other is my dh great uncle. GU has his 30yo son living there. We will call him H. H will not work and sponges off of GU. H has a criminal record of DUI, driving on suspended license, drug possession, assault, battery, domestic violence, assaulting a police officer, probation violation and more. Here recently we have been having issues with cars up and down the driveway all day and the cars will only stay a couple of minutes and then leave. We have been noticing that he is doing drug deals in the driveway all day long. I have kids. I don't want my kids to have to deal with seeing that. I own my house and my property so moving is not an option. We have talked to him before and told him we didn't care what he did just not to do it where we live. He told us he would stop and did for about a month and then is back at it. We have called the police they told us that they can't do anything. We were told to file a report with narcotics and to start writing down plate numbers. We did that. It is still happening and they told us they would pick up patrol in our area and since then we have not seen the first police officer even drive down our street. Most of his charges he gets while on probation and house arrest and still gets out without having to pay a bond and most of his charges (including assaulting police) get dropped. About 10 years ago he assaulted my dh by hitting him in the back of the head with the butt end of a shotgun and was released on his own recontinence before we made it back from the hospital. Then there were three court dates and he never showed for any of them and we get a letter telling us that he is no longer deemed a threat to the victim. The only thing I can think of that would explain how he gets away with so much is he is a snitch. We are at our witts end. I have even stopped his buddies on the way out of the driveway that if I saw them up here again buying from him I would turn their tag number in and report them. Most of them have not been back and I warned them they cannot trust him. We are trying to find out what we can legally do to get him out of there and to get it stopped. Any suggestions? Sorry so long.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I'm sorry, but I am not sure of what to tell you. Have you tried maybe talking to the other relatives living around you and maybe coming together to do something about the situation?

Hopefully there will be someone on here who will have better advice than what I can offer you.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM

We have all filed reports with narcotics like we were told to. The only thing else I know to do is get him on video but then how do we keep him from getting out of it?

Quoting Noelle40:

I'm sorry, but I am not sure of what to tell you. Have you tried maybe talking to the other relatives living around you and maybe coming together to do something about the situation?

Hopefully there will be someone on here who will have better advice than what I can offer you.

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately, I think in some states you have to have the person's permission to video tape them.  I'm not real aure about that, but I think that's the case in some states.

You might want to check into it before doing that.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

We have all filed reports with narcotics like we were told to. The only thing else I know to do is get him on video but then how do we keep him from getting out of it?

Quoting Noelle40:

hillmom
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I have no clue! OMG, what an extremely difficult place to find yourself in. Kicking him out is the only thing I can think of. With his record, I'd be on edge 24/7.
ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM

That is the thing. He lives with his dad next door and he will not kick him out because he doesn't want to be there alone with his health being as bad as it is. The thing is that he can't do anything for GU because he stays high all the time. When he is not high you never know he is on the place until the cars start coming up and down the driveway. He will go months where he won't sell and you don't hear much out of him but then when he starts selling again he starts using and then he ends up with doing deals in the driveway and screaming at whatever gf he has there at the time and beating her up. They never take him to jail. I have called the police and told them he was beating the crap out of his gf in the driveway and by the time the cops finally show up he is gone and they can't do anything. I hate it.

Quoting hillmom: I have no clue! OMG, what an extremely difficult place to find yourself in. Kicking him out is the only thing I can think of. With his record, I'd be on edge 24/7.

hillmom
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM
How awful! Sounds like the police in your area are absolutely worthless!!!!

Quoting ladybugchick317:

That is the thing. He lives with his dad next door and he will not kick him out because he doesn't want to be there alone with his health being as bad as it is. The thing is that he can't do anything for GU because he stays high all the time. When he is not high you never know he is on the place until the cars start coming up and down the driveway. He will go months where he won't sell and you don't hear much out of him but then when he starts selling again he starts using and then he ends up with doing deals in the driveway and screaming at whatever gf he has there at the time and beating her up. They never take him to jail. I have called the police and told them he was beating the crap out of his gf in the driveway and by the time the cops finally show up he is gone and they can't do anything. I hate it.

Quoting hillmom: I have no clue! OMG, what an extremely difficult place to find yourself in. Kicking him out is the only thing I can think of. With his record, I'd be on edge 24/7.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

They tend to care more about the rights of the informants than the civilian tax payers.

Quoting hillmom: How awful! Sounds like the police in your area are absolutely worthless!!!!
Quoting ladybugchick317:

hillmom
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
:-(

Quoting ladybugchick317:

They tend to care more about the rights of the informants than the civilian tax payers.

Quoting hillmom: How awful! Sounds like the police in your area are absolutely worthless!!!!
Quoting ladybugchick317:

nuts4scouts
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Talk to a lawyer to see what can be done - if anything.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM

How awful :(
I would be calling the police every time I think a drug deal is going on,
Would an attorney help do you think?
Hugs to you :)

Quoting ladybugchick317:

I live in the country and on my driveway there are four houses. It is all family. One house is my family, one is my inlaws, one is my dh aunt and uncle and the other is my dh great uncle. GU has his 30yo son living there. We will call him H. H will not work and sponges off of GU. H has a criminal record of DUI, driving on suspended license, drug possession, assault, battery, domestic violence, assaulting a police officer, probation violation and more. Here recently we have been having issues with cars up and down the driveway all day and the cars will only stay a couple of minutes and then leave. We have been noticing that he is doing drug deals in the driveway all day long. I have kids. I don't want my kids to have to deal with seeing that. I own my house and my property so moving is not an option. We have talked to him before and told him we didn't care what he did just not to do it where we live. He told us he would stop and did for about a month and then is back at it. We have called the police they told us that they can't do anything. We were told to file a report with narcotics and to start writing down plate numbers. We did that. It is still happening and they told us they would pick up patrol in our area and since then we have not seen the first police officer even drive down our street. Most of his charges he gets while on probation and house arrest and still gets out without having to pay a bond and most of his charges (including assaulting police) get dropped. About 10 years ago he assaulted my dh by hitting him in the back of the head with the butt end of a shotgun and was released on his own recontinence before we made it back from the hospital. Then there were three court dates and he never showed for any of them and we get a letter telling us that he is no longer deemed a threat to the victim. The only thing I can think of that would explain how he gets away with so much is he is a snitch. We are at our witts end. I have even stopped his buddies on the way out of the driveway that if I saw them up here again buying from him I would turn their tag number in and report them. Most of them have not been back and I warned them they cannot trust him. We are trying to find out what we can legally do to get him out of there and to get it stopped. Any suggestions? Sorry so long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)