Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loving It!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

Finally set up my old tunes on my lap top.  I just love, love, love Michael Buble and his renditions of the old Sinatra tunes.  I love his own music. LOL. I guess you could just say I am a HUGE fan of Michael Buble in general. I am dying to see him in concert.

I added Sinatra to the list.  How could I have old tunes without having Sinatra? I did get to see him twice in concert and have a personally autographed color photo from him. We shared the same birthday. That was really cool when I found that out years ago.

Who is you favorite "oldie" artist? Anyone else like Miichael Buble or Sinatra or both like me? Song(s)? I just love the romance behind some of the lyrics of the old tunes. Such wonderful inspiration to me and my current novel.listening to tuneswhistlingsinginggiving heart

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hillmom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I wouldn't call them oldies :-)

I like Hank Sr., Little Jimmy Dickins, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly, Eagles, CCR and many others, a long with many artists in between then and now (in many different types of music)
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:37 AM

I love Micheal Buble too.  I just love his voice.  I love Josh Groban too, especially when he sings in Italian. 

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 4:05 AM

My husband Todd does really good impressions of characters and celebrities in speaking voices and in  singing voices. Well enough, he won a few local contests and when we use to kareoke some years back, strangers would come up to him and special request certain songs. 

Sinatra is one of them he does, he also does Neil Diamond and others, but my favorite old time singer he does is Jim Morrison from The Doors, I think that sounds sexy! 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Cool. I like the Eagles, too.  LOL.  Maybe they aren't the oldies, but many of today's generation would.

Quoting hillmom: I wouldn't call them oldies :-) I like Hank Sr., Little Jimmy Dickins, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly, Eagles, CCR and many others, a long with many artists in between then and now (in many different types of music)

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Cool. Like I said I am hoping some day to see Michael Buble live. His Christmas show this year is December 17 @ 8 pm on NBC. I never miss his Christmas specials. I understand Barbara Streisand is to be on there this year.

Quoting momofnatalie:

I love Micheal Buble too.  I just love his voice.  I love Josh Groban too, especially when he sings in Italian. 

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love to hear him do Sinatra. I am such a huge fan. That would be really cool.

Quoting earthangel1967:

My husband Todd does really good impressions of characters and celebrities in speaking voices and in  singing voices. Well enough, he won a few local contests and when we use to kareoke some years back, strangers would come up to him and special request certain songs. 

Sinatra is one of them he does, he also does Neil Diamond and others, but my favorite old time singer he does is Jim Morrison from The Doors, I think that sounds sexy! 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I like Sinatra too, I do like Crooners once in a while but I have to be in the mood ... I also enjoy MIchael Buble, Harry Connick Jr  

hillmom
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Very true, LOL! I grew up on the "oldies". Between my great grandparents to my folks I got quite the music education ;-) My Amazon Prime music play list is quite the melting pot. One minute it is playing country from the 50's or 60's then punk rock from the 90's

Quoting Noelle40:

Cool. I like the Eagles, too.  LOL.  Maybe they aren't the oldies, but many of today's generation would.

Quoting hillmom: I wouldn't call them oldies :-)

I like Hank Sr., Little Jimmy Dickins, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly, Eagles, CCR and many others, a long with many artists in between then and now (in many different types of music)

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I like Harry once in a while, too. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

I like Sinatra too, I do like Crooners once in a while but I have to be in the mood ... I also enjoy MIchael Buble, Harry Connick Jr  

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Same here. Grew up on Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole. I still remember like it was yesterday my father putting me on his feet and dancing me around the room to all of them. I loved that.

Quoting hillmom: Very true, LOL! I grew up on the "oldies". Between my great grandparents to my folks I got quite the music education ;-) My Amazon Prime music play list is quite the melting pot. One minute it is playing country from the 50's or 60's then punk rock from the 90's
Quoting Noelle40:

Quoting hillmom: I wouldn't call them oldies :-) I like Hank Sr., Little Jimmy Dickins, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly, Eagles, CCR and many others, a long with many artists in between then and now (in many different types of music)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)