• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
Looking for parents with children with autism, as burgers, adhd! Needing support and an opportunity to learn how to deal with specific issues!
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hillmom
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Welcome to the group!

I'm not a mom that has delt with those specific things. However, there are many mom's here will all kinds of different information. I'm sure there is someone that can help. There are probably other groups specific to those topics too.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Hi and welcome!  I don't have a child on the spectrum but I've worked as a school counselor and worked with students who had aspergers and autism.  I can share any experiences I've had.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Welcome hugs to the group. 

I have some close and also extended family members who  have kids with autism or aspbergers but my kids don't have those. 

My 5 kids (3 girls and 2 boys) are adults on their own now, but when they were younger, 3 of them had ADHD and 1 of them had ADD.  Also they all had varying degrees of anxiety disorder and 3 of them have bipolar disorder and 1 of them had paranoid schizophrenia including very realistic visual and hearing hallucinations as young as 2 yrs old, poor kid. I am in absolute awe they are doing so well now as adults on their own, there were many times as they were growing up, especially for my oldest son that I wasn't sure he would ever be ok to be on his own despite how incredibly smart he is. Hang on to hope always! HUGS

Cafemom has two especially helpful groups for such parenting concerns: You can click on these links to bring you to them. Good luck and I am glad to have you here with us too! 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Vertical15
by on Nov. 26, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Welcome to the group!  While I am not a parent of a child with autism, my nephew is on the spectrum.  I am sure there are many many groups on CM that could cater to your specific needs but this is a great group to stick with just for chatting and getting to know some other moms from all over.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Welcome to the group,
Have you joined the autism group here?
If not here you go :)

jayluv629
by on Nov. 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM

My youngest was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. She takes medicine for it and though I am glad medicine exists, I hate that my child had to take it. But at age 9, she has come so far with managing. I gave her a "candy pill" to test her for the day. This pill was totally candy and she took it that morning before school. She came home, and I asked her how was her day. She said it was differenct today because I was hungry and mommy, I ATE LUNCH! Typically, her medicine causes her not to have an appetite. But it was so flourishing to see her true self and particularly, for me not to have gotten a call that day from the school letting me know, "She was acting out." Lol  The things we go through as parents, and as moms! lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)