Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice needed please

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have triplets and they are in their first year of kindergarten. We were considering inviting their friends / classmates to their party in a few months. Would it be rude to ask for 1 gift for all the kids (not one gift each, but something the three boys could share) from each friend or would it be best to just say gifts aren't required. I'm kinda stumped. Please no bashing or anything this will be the first year we are inviting people other than family.
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenncody
B
jenncody
U
jenncody
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM
M
jenncody
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM
P
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I would just mention in the invite that presents are not required but if people insist, your boys can share one toy!

Oliviasmom72
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I think 1 toy for the 3 of them is great. Triplets are expensive! It's a great idea to put "Gifts are not necessary but if you would like to buy one, the boys would share.

midnight_storm
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Where normally I think its rude to even mention gifts unless it is an in lieu of gifts sort of thing I do not find it rude in your situation. I beat that this would also take the concern of accepting the invite off of a lot of parents. I would just make it simple such as Please consider a gift the boys can share, However gifts are not required. It places it completely at the comfortability of those attending without a demanding tone to it.

jenncody
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Thanks ladies for your opinions. At this age I think they'd have more fun just playing with their friends and not worry about gifts.
diaperstodating
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Bump
aprilavenmarg
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Are you in any "multiples" groups and if so what so those parents suggest?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)