Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice. .. anyone please

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM
  • 16 Replies
Ok, so I've been exclusively bf my daughter for 10 months now. I had my first period in October ( it wasn't like my regular periods but it's the first one I had since I gave birth) about two weeks ago I had some very lite brown spotting that didn't lasted more than an hour. Today my boobies are killing me, my nipple are very sore like when I was about to get my period,I haven't been 100% safe but I haven't had that much you know what either lol. I'm very scared I don't want a second baby yet... I took and opk and it was like extremely positive so I am freaking out a little. I used that because it was all I had laying around. Please any advice will be appreciated
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShortysWifey
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Bf is typically only a birth control for the first 6 months I think. And spotting is typical when first pregnant. You might want to head to the doctor.
MedicturnedMama
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get a pregnancy test. An OPK isn't going to give you the answer you need. Good Luck!

sarah0328
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I will I am a little scared

Quoting ShortysWifey: Bf is typically only a birth control for the first 6 months I think. And spotting is typical when first pregnant. You might want to head to the doctor.
Cour10nay
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:56 PM

You can get pregnant right after you have the baby...Breastfeeding is not birth control. I would get a pregnancy test. That happened to a few of my friends right after they had their babies. 

sarah0328
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I heard that. .. I really hope is not my case lol I would be 34 days late I think I would have symptoms by now lol

Quoting Cour10nay:

You can get pregnant right after you have the baby...Breastfeeding is not birth control. I would get a pregnancy test. That happened to a few of my friends right after they had their babies. 

SaskMummy
by Member on Dec. 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Just test ? Than go from there maybe. Not to be rude but if you don't want more kids now get on some birth control.
sarah0328
by Member on Dec. 24, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Well I'm quite aware thats BG not birth control thanks! Hence the reason I am worried!! However both my GP and OB said they do not advise any type of hormonal BC while breastfeeding... so condoms are pretty much our only option right??? Of course using them PROPERLY  would probably help. I will test in a couple of days I gave me a dateline of January 1st, if I haven't gotten my period I will test, my tenderness went away I just have headaches which I usually get when I will get my period. Other than that my opk Still positive which is not a good sign since I've read that this could indicated pregnancy. I am planning on getting the T On different office since my doctor refused to put it on because of my age I'm 22.

Quoting SaskMummy: Just test ? Than go from there maybe. Not to be rude but if you don't want more kids now get on some birth control.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Quoting ShortysWifey: Bf is typically only a birth control for the first 6 months I think. And spotting is typical when first pregnant. You might want to head to the doctor.

For sure breastfeeding is NOT birth control, really at all, but definitely not for 6 months.

Most women are technically not fertile for about 56 days after giving birth, which is typical time for healing.

Any time after that, breastfeeding or not, you have to be ready to get pregnant.

If you took a postive pregnancy test, you are probably pregnant. If you want to be sure, retest again in a month. Or go to the doctor.

Claire Wait
(Happy Wife and Mother of Four) 

Lower Your Grocery Budget Without Using Coupons

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Quoting sarah0328: so condoms are pretty much our only option right??? Of course using them PROPERLY  would probably help. 

NO! You have other options (though condoms, when used correctly, are high on the effective list).

Have you considered fertility awareness? There are a few ways that you can tell when you are ovulating. It helps to get someone to teach you and guide you through it (such people exist) but you can also figure it out on your own.

"Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is a great book, if you are interested.

Last point - not sure what your plan is, but after my first delivery at 25 my doc put in the mirena at my 6 week pp check up. This actually CAUSED my period to start even though I was also breastfeeding. I have now had 4 children in the last 8 years. I had the mirena for a couple of years... and after baby #2 decided birth control was causing more problems than it was preventing. I finally went birth control free and it has been the best thing I've ever done. I've been charting my cycle and we used condoms on fertile days of the month (which is a pretty small window, by the way). I can't emphasize enough how unhealthy I now believe birth control to be....

...anyway. Good luck to you. If you are pregnant, congrats. Try not to freak out. In a year, you'll look at that baby and wonder how you lived without him/her.

Claire Wait
(Happy Wife and Mother of Four) 

Lower Your Grocery Budget Without Using Coupons

sarah0328
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I had a positive opk, we several not a hpt. I honestly haven't done one. I made an appointment with my ob so I will go from there

Quoting clairewait:

For sure breastfeeding is NOT birth control, really at all, but definitely not for 6 months.

Most women are technically not fertile for about 56 days after giving birth, which is typical time for healing.

Any time after that, breastfeeding or not, you have to be ready to get pregnant.

If you took a postive pregnancy test, you are probably pregnant. If you want to be sure, retest again in a month. Or go to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)