Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I let my 2 month old....Cry

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a 23 month old & a 2 month old, My baby cries quite a bit...he requires lots of holding, a little more than most babes. Today, I let him cry in his crib while my toddler napped and I exercised in the living room. I turned off the monitor & pretended he was asleep. Sigh...

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livric
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
8 weeks old??? yikes! Not something I would do :/
mommyof3ACI
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Hes still really young. U need to be cautious he can suffocate by himself just be patient with his crying I understand I have 3 of my own.
natural_s
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:57 PM

hugs

celticgodess
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 1:38 AM
Have you tried baby wearing? It really does usually result in less clingy babies who cry less in the short and long term. Good luck
amichelle28
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 3:01 PM
It may get better. My four month old needed to be held day and night the first two months. She even slept on my chest or in my arms and I never had a break, but now she's super relaxed, never cries and is a pretty happy baby.
oliveoil423
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM
I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old.

Both crave for attention. Dd wants to sit with me ds want to be held even when I'm eating. But sometime you have to let him cry to get things done.

I actually was getting the food out of the bags to put away and to clean the shelfs off. And ds started crying I told him you can wait 2 Mins till I get done. Picked him and he was fine.
Jenn8604
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously? A crying baby needs held and loved on. Put a crowbar in your wallet and get a baby carrier. You can afford one if you can afford stuff to workout with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DisabledVet
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not fond of letting a 2mo old cry so much. They're just learning at that age to trust you

erinrose07
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM

L..o...L, "put a crowbar in your wallet." That's good. Ahhh, I do have the Ergo Carrier & I wear him a lot, it helps some.

sonshining
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2015 at 12:24 PM

I think two months old is too young to "let them cry" and go off and ignore. I'm hoping it wasn't too long, though you worked out, and I don't know if you only worked out for ten minutes. But even experts say that is too young to let thme cry for a long period of time. He is only aware he isn't happy and not being loved and held so not secure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)