• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placenta Previa/CSection

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
After seven children, this being our seventh I'm just now experiencing this. I know the facts. I'm curious if yours corrected itself.
They said it likely will but not sure. I've had six vaginal births and a bit scared by the thought of a possible Csection. Although it would make tying my tubes easier.
So I guess I'm 50/50 on it.
They are looking at scheduling a c section anyway knowing its my last and wanting a tubal.
They have me on McKenna also.
Anywho, did yours correct itself. What is a c section like?
Thanks.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM

My sister had it and it did correct itself. I do not have personal experience as all 3 of my children were delivered naturally.

How do you really feel about an unnecessary Csection? I know it is easier to do the tubal but if you are not comfortable with it, don't let them talk you into it for eases sake.

TheRingmaster
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Yeah, I'm not doing it. Lol
It's just not right to me.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

My sister had it and it did correct itself. I do not have personal experience as all 3 of my children were delivered naturally.

How do you really feel about an unnecessary Csection? I know it is easier to do the tubal but if you are not comfortable with it, don't let them talk you into it for eases sake.

hillmom
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:21 PM
I've not experienced it with any of my 4 kids. However, in both my last estimated due date groups, there has been at least one mama with it. In almost all cases it fixed itself and the went on to have beautiful vaginal births.
PinkGlitterBomb
by Member on Jan. 8, 2015 at 2:39 AM
I had it starting out with my son, it corrected itself by about 20 weeks. I had a vaginal delivery. I do relate to being nervous about a c-section, I'm having twins this time, so that increases my chance of needing a section. It would do the same for me though, making a tubal easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by on Jan. 8, 2015 at 9:13 AM

I didn't have placenta previa until I fell down the stairs 3 weeks before my due date. I didn't know that the placent had torn away during the fall and I had to have emergency c-section 2 days later because of the internal bleeding that was going on.  

My c-section was fast so I have nothing for comparison. Sorry. 

trilliandent42
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Mine did not...  It was a nightmare...  But, we lived, and my DS is a healthy happy 2.5yo...  The C-section was not too bad...  I healed faster than a vaginal birth... ☺

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)