Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Long Have You Been Married?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM
  • 173 Replies

Good Monday Morning and welcome to a new week!

Yesterday was my parents 40th anniversary. Although we were not able to celebrate with them in Texas, we were able to face time with them.

In a time when divorce rates are so high, I think it is awesome that they have been happily married for so long. Especially since my mother was briefly married to my biological father before.

It had me thinking about my own life. I was married to my ex-husband for 10 years, not all of it happy, obviously. ;)
I have been very happily married to my husband 9 years this March but we have been together for 14.5.

How long have you been married or with your significant other?

What is longest relationship you have ever had?

What is your favorite thing about your partner?

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:02 AM
A year and three months.
Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Congratulations. Is this a first marriage for you both?

Quoting oliveoil423: A year and three months.

Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Not married yet
dommad2
by Mara on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Married 7 1/2 years. Together for almost 13.
mama2b100808
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Will be married 3 years to my husband in July. Our relationship is the longest I have ever had. 8 year in November. What is my favorite thing about my husband is that he cares about his family. 

mcginnisc
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I feel like the "old lady" now..lol 

Been together almost 24 years and will celebrate 20 years of marriage this year. We've been together since we were 16.  

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ohwrite
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I have been married for 26 years. We're both very committed to our marriage. My parents divorced after 25 years of marriage, and his parents divorced after 33 years of marriage. Both of our families pretty much disolved after our parents divorces. Because of what we saw happen with our parents marriages, we decided very early on that we would work hard ot keep our family in tact. 

If that makes it sound like we're just staying together for the kids, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm madly in love with my husband, even more than the day we married. Part of keeping our marriage together is keeping the magic in the relationship. 

Momma4life3
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:07 AM
I was in a 10 year relationship a lot of ups and downs. It ended because I had enough of family drama.

That is the longest,
I was married 5 years now divorced 3 single 5 years now.
duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I have been married to dh for 26 years.  That is the longest relationship I've been in.  Hmm, my favorite thing about my partner is that he is fun to be around & very intelligent.  We share alot of the same interests. We are both very comitted to our family & we love each other & our kids.  They rock our world!! Yes, we sometimes finish each other's sentences, lol.  I will add, now that we are a lil older, he is a lil grumpy @ times.....oh the drama rama somedays, lol, that part I could do without.

loveaftercoffeejeanie-vi

bec94
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Dh and I will be married 10 years this July. Our relationship is the longest one for both of us:-) My favorite thing about dh is that he puts family and fun first. There is always laughter in our house, and no matter how bad of a day he has or how tired he is he leaves it at the front door and lets the kids drag him to play, read or talk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)