Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all self tanners!

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am very pale and would like to add some color to my skin without basking in the sun. I have thought about spray tans but have heard they are a pain in the ass...lol. So was wondering what you other pale ladies do to get a little color? BTW I also have sensative skin.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:45 PM
I use a self tanner however it's not one of those gradual tan things. It's like a spray tan however it's a thick dark moose. It usually last about 3-5 days depending on how much I shower, go swimming, etc.

It's called tan wise.

It usually last longer if I also pair it with a dark gradual tanning lotion every other day.

Tips! If u do get a spray tan or even the moose I described make sure you exfoliate really well befor applying all over your body other wise it will come out streaky as it fades. It also will help it last longer too!
BCJS7
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:09 PM
Does it give you a dark tan?

Quoting amberNewman0213: I use a self tanner however it's not one of those gradual tan things. It's like a spray tan however it's a thick dark moose. It usually last about 3-5 days depending on how much I shower, go swimming, etc.

It's called tan wise.

It usually last longer if I also pair it with a dark gradual tanning lotion every other day.

Tips! If u do get a spray tan or even the moose I described make sure you exfoliate really well befor applying all over your body other wise it will come out streaky as it fades. It also will help it last longer too!
amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Oh yea. And I'm pretty pale. It's a dark tan. Not crazy like Jersey Shore or anything. But a dark sun-kissed glow I wouldn't want to be much darker than what it tans me.

The moose is very dark like almost black but once you rub it on your skin it thins out and leaves a pretty glow. U then need to leave it on for 10 hours without getting wet. Usually I use a exfoliating glove and make my own brown sugar exfoliating cream and scrub my entire body. I then rub it all over my body and hubs has to help rub it on my back. (if I know I won't be swimming in the next few days I just do it on the parts of my skin that are exposed we I have clothes on such as arms legs chest and neck. After that I let it dry which usually takes about 10 mins befor putting my clothes on. I let it sit overnight and then shower the next afternoon.

Quoting BCJS7: Does it give you a dark tan?

Quoting amberNewman0213: I use a self tanner however it's not one of those gradual tan things. It's like a spray tan however it's a thick dark moose. It usually last about 3-5 days depending on how much I shower, go swimming, etc.

It's called tan wise.

BCJS7
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:24 PM
ok thank you.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:00 PM

I'm not naturally pale, so not sure how it would work with your skin, but I use Jergens Natural Glow and have loved it. I buy the Medium/Tan skin tone one and I find that through the winter I look just tan enough to look healthier (ie: not pasty, haha). In the summer I don't use it as much but it is very natural and I love the smell. I've noticed if I don't get the tops of my feet there's a distinct color difference from my ankels to my feet, so it definitely works, but it isn't streaky and you don't have to worry about orange knees or anything.

Claire Wait
(Happy Wife and Mother of Four) 

Lower Your Grocery Budget Without Using Coupons

raschwittay
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:02 PM
That's what I use to but sometimes I break out which sucks

Quoting clairewait:

I'm not naturally pale, so not sure how it would work with your skin, but I use Jergens Natural Glow and have loved it. I buy the Medium/Tan skin tone one and I find that through the winter I look just tan enough to look healthier (ie: not pasty, haha). In the summer I don't use it as much but it is very natural and I love the smell. I've noticed if I don't get the tops of my feet there's a distinct color difference from my ankels to my feet, so it definitely works, but it isn't streaky and you don't have to worry about orange knees or anything.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Quoting raschwittay: That's what I use to but sometimes I break out which sucks

Ugh. Yeah. I can't use it on my face. But my body skin has been fine. They do have one specifically designed for face, but it feels oily and I'd be too worried about breakouts too.

Claire Wait
(Happy Wife and Mother of Four) 

Lower Your Grocery Budget Without Using Coupons

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:30 PM

I'm debating about that right now ... I used to go to a tanning salon but the only one close to my home has closed.  I'm debating to go for a spray tan - I've had bad experiences in the past with self tanning lotions, they just rarely turn out or it makes my skin look a weird shade of yellow

BCJS7
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:50 PM
I have seen that one wasnt to sure about it but I will look into it thanks.

Quoting clairewait:

BCJS7
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:51 PM
I need one for my face to. Tired of being transperant lol...

Quoting clairewait:

Quoting raschwittay: That's what I use to but sometimes I break out which sucks

Ugh. Yeah. I can't use it on my face. But my body skin has been fine. They do have one specifically designed for face, but it feels oily and I'd be too worried about breakouts too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)