Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give him an inch ..........

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

He'll take a mile and bite me in the butt !

Last year I battled to retain custody of my daughter in court against my ex husband who was seeking joint custody. Prior to going to court and in order to buy myself some peace, I allowed a alternate shared custody during the summer, he gave me so much trouble, I had to change all the dates to accomodate him, he was extremely difficult - the set up was a nightmare. 

However, In court, once again in order to show good will, I offered to continue shared summer custody in order to retain exclusive overall custody.  But once again he's being difficult and it's biting me in the butt.  Summer is not even here and it's already giving me grief, he requested we settle the schedule in March.  Which was way too early to know our summer schedule.  Now it's keeping me from bringing DD on vacation, and causing trouble because friends of ours are visiting us on a week that DD is supposed to be with him.  I may have to get my lawyer involved if he refuses to budge.  I should have never agreed.  It really didn't pay off to be nice and offer shared custody. 

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mama2b100808
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Yeah I think you might need to get this fixed before Summer gets here. I mean if you can. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:08 AM

That is rough. I hate when people take advantage of someone elses generosity. Definitely put a call in to your attorney ASAP.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:21 AM

My attorney is already in the loop as he has been nothing but a grievance to deal with ever since I won the custody case.   She has no problem starting more procedures but as they cost loads of money I'd rather hold off if I can.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

That is rough. I hate when people take advantage of someone elses generosity. Definitely put a call in to your attorney ASAP.

jky_67
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:01 PM
I'm sorry this couldn't be more civilized. Doesn't he know that all this is causing emotional distress on your child? I really hate that your ex is taking out his issues with you on your child.

I was that child. In my case, my mom moved me across the ocean so I lost all contact with him until my adulthood. Long story but he was not the most upright citizen. As an adult and a parent, I don't blame my mom but all the negativity, realized or not, does affect you. I hope you guys can work this out.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM

I'm sorry too ... for the longest time my daughter was fine with the way things were. He saw her 1 weekend out of 2 and there was no contact in between (by him or her, by their own choice)  He was not a great dad let's put it that way.

Then last summer he started bugging my daughter about switching to a shared custody and that when shit hit the fan.  It did cause my DD a lot of emotional distress,  The fact that I won exclusive custody speaks for itself.  Technically I have the last say in everything I do.  I even have the right to travel without the father's authorisation.

Since he lost his case he's just mean and bitter. I tried my best to keep things civil.  I even had a sit down one on one conversation with him in March (re the summer schedule) which turned into a 40 minute argument, blame shifting and screaming match and attack on me.  Since then he sent me a few nasty e-mails asking me to forgo the judgement or else threatening to drag me back in court  ... yeah given the fact that he's currently in contempt of court for unpaid expenses for DD ( some dating back 18 months) and a pile of harrasment e-mails, he'll be digging himself a hole so deep !!!!!!! 

For everything else he only communicates with DD, through texts. I'm very sorry that my DD has to be put through this. 

Quoting jky_67: I'm sorry this couldn't be more civilized. Doesn't he know that all this is causing emotional distress on your child? I really hate that your ex is taking out his issues with you on your child. I was that child. In my case, my mom moved me across the ocean so I lost all contact with him until my adulthood. Long story but he was not the most upright citizen. As an adult and a parent, I don't blame my mom but all the negativity, realized or not, does affect you. I hope you guys can work this out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)