Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitter rates

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
What's the going rate for a baby sitter nowadays? I was payin a friend $40/wk for 2 kids for roughly 10 hours a week. I will need someone for 10 hours a week for 1 kid next month. I know I was probably getting a good deal from my friend.

So tell me, mom's of cafemom land, what do you pay?
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oliveoil423
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:45 PM
I have no idea. Since I just pay our friends daughters $40 for two kids. Now itll be $50 for three kids.
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:54 PM
I only get a real sitter once in a while and that's $10 per hour
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM

I don't know anymore ... I had an awesome babysitter, she had her own car, my daughter adored her, she was older (like 19) she wasn't scared of my dog etc.  She would come over and I always text her on my way home and asked how much I owed her - the rates were inconsistant at best but I really liked her ... but the last time I used her, we had a concert to go to, we were gone less than 6 hours and she charged me like $85 for the night ... technically she cost me more than the concert and parking that night so that's the last time I used her.  

Now I just ask my mom to take her or arrange a sleep over at a friend's

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM

I don't even know. I have my 16 year old daughter watch her brothers as needed. If anything, I give her $20.

redheadtmk
by on Aug. 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM
$10/hour.
Linda_Runs
by on Aug. 23, 2016 at 8:36 AM

Our teenage evening sitter gets $10 per hour, but she is awesome.  Our before and after school daycare charges $75 per child and includes breakfast, walking to and from the school bus, snack after school and full time babysitting during days where there school is cancelled due to snow, PD, etc.

appl3s89
by on Aug. 25, 2016 at 12:03 AM
When I was working I paid $15.00 a day for my daughter for mon-Friday 8-10hrs a day, and now I only as needed and I use my aunt and she free
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)