Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

michelin star breakfast ...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

I don't know if anyone else watched Master Chef last night ... the elimination challenge was Gordon Ramsay's signature scrambled eggs on pan fried brioche bread sprinnkled with chives and roasted vegetables on the side.  His eggs are served a little too runny for my taste but were made in an interesting way ...

My DD is sitting there, looks at me and says : Can you make that for my breakfast tomorrow morning ?   So yup, I actually put my alarm clock on earlier than usual and here I was this morning making my DD a michelin star breakfast, ok so I didn't bother with the roasted veggies or the brioche bread but she got the scramble on toast with the chives and all.  I took one bite, it does taste way different than regular scrambled eggs, and I did cook them a little longer than he did so they look like eggs and not yellow vomit. 

http://www.fox.com/watch/963932227977/7684704768

My Daughter, My Life, My Fight

by on Jun. 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
abra
by Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 6:23 PM

haha! That is great! My daughters LOVE watching the Food Network and always want to cook afterwards. :-)

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Food network or cooking shows often end up biting me in the butt ... as we see things on TV and then my family wants to have them for their next meal ... last week I had to hunt down an italian bakery to purchase authentic Canolis all because of Master Chef ....

Quoting abra:

haha! That is great! My daughters LOVE watching the Food Network and always want to cook afterwards. :-)

abra
by Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 4:00 AM

oh geez! I know how that goes. I've canolis once for the same reason! 

Quoting Jinxed8:

Food network or cooking shows often end up biting me in the butt ... as we see things on TV and then my family wants to have them for their next meal ... last week I had to hunt down an italian bakery to purchase authentic Canolis all because of Master Chef ....

Quoting abra:

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That's so nice you did that for your dd. And, tbh, I share your thoughts on Gordon's scrambled eggs, lol.
cali_gurl
by Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM

Thanks for the fun video! I love scrambled eggs but I don't toss that much butter in with them. And I agree to cook them a bit longer. But I do add the chives and a few other spices! 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 3:46 PM

I did not make them with that much butter either and I added a little sour cream instead of "creme fraiche" cut the fat content some ...

Quoting cali_gurl:

Thanks for the fun video! I love scrambled eggs but I don't toss that much butter in with them. And I agree to cook them a bit longer. But I do add the chives and a few other spices! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)