Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blubbering mess

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't know about you but the older I get the more sensitive I become ... I used to be one of those people who never cried.  But I find that the older I get (I'm 41) I'm becoming such a cry baby. 

I cried at my daughter's graduation, I cried when my friend had her dog put to sleep, I cry at commercials and sappy dog rescue videos.  I cried yesterday when I was n FB Chat with my daughter because I haven't seen her in a week (she's on vacation with her dad) last week tears were running down my cheeks because DH wouldn't help me clean - is this normal or am I pre-menopausal or what ?

My Daughter, My Life, My Fight

by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chicken13
by Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking it's hormonal...cause it's not usually your thing.  

There are tests they can run to see how pre-menopausal you may be (if at all)...maybe it's time for some bloodwork?

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM

I just happen to have a Dr's appt next week I guess I'm due for bloodwork anyways

Quoting chicken13:

There are tests they can run to see how pre-menopausal you may be (if at all)...maybe it's time for some bloodwork?

chicken13
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Can't hurt...

Quoting Jinxed8:

I just happen to have a Dr's appt next week I guess I'm due for bloodwork anyways

Quoting chicken13:

abra
by Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have definitely noticed myself becoming more emotional as I get older. When I was younger I never cried, but now I cry at commercials and movies, when my kids do adorable things, and when I miss loved ones. It's kinda crazy, but I'm only 33 so I don't know! 

Quoting Jinxed8:

I don't know about you but the older I get the more sensitive I become ... I used to be one of those people who never cried.  But I find that the older I get (I'm 41) I'm becoming such a cry baby. 

I cried at my daughter's graduation, I cried when my friend had her dog put to sleep, I cry at commercials and sappy dog rescue videos.  I cried yesterday when I was n FB Chat with my daughter because I haven't seen her in a week (she's on vacation with her dad) last week tears were running down my cheeks because DH wouldn't help me clean - is this normal or am I pre-menopausal or what ?

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember laughing at my mom for being like that back when I was 12 and she was my age (oh yikes!) so I guess on some level it's normal - however I will mention it to my doctor when I go next week

Quoting abra:

I have definitely noticed myself becoming more emotional as I get older. When I was younger I never cried, but now I cry at commercials and movies, when my kids do adorable things, and when I miss loved ones. It's kinda crazy, but I'm only 33 so I don't know! 

Quoting Jinxed8:

momof2555
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 1:59 PM

i have pretty much always been a cryer, but now when i cry (i am in my 40's) i just let it out more freely than before sometimes. i used to try to avoid it sometimes. now i'm just like well, i must need to get it out! lol! so i guess my point is that i am not ashamed to cry anymore. it is what it is. it could be hormones or just becoming more of who we are. but i wouldn't worry about it. emotions are good :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)