Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

and it already starts ....

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2017 at 11:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

DD almost missed the bus !

SO much for ; Can I go to bed later now ? I'll be fine / it's okay mom you don't have to wake me up this year / it's okay I can get myself ready for school / I can make myself breakfast / I can manage my time

Yeah ok - Her wake up time is 5h30am - school bus pick up is 6h35am - she has to be out the door at 6h30am.  I wake up at 6am to fix her breakfast, take her lunch box out of the fridge and put an ice pack in it, I watch the time and make sure she's out the door on time.

This morning, I pressed snooze and apparently so did she ... I got up at 6h09am and I immediately went to her room only to find her still in a deep sleep.  She had 20 minutes to get dressed and ready, eat her breakfast and be out the door.  It's only the first week of school ... awesome !

My Daughter, My Life, My Fight

by on Sep. 1, 2017 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MikeysMom22
by Member on Sep. 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM

Did you end up driving her or did she make for the bus?

How old is your daughter? She must be in middle or high school if you think she is capable of turning off the alarm and getting up immediately. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2017 at 9:29 AM

No she made the bus ... she is in grade 7 and is 13 years old.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Did you end up driving her or did she make for the bus?

How old is your daughter? She must be in middle or high school if you think she is capable of turning off the alarm and getting up immediately. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2017 at 9:27 AM

she also forgot her first homework assignment ... it was due Tuesday.  Her teacher cut her a break and let her do it in class but I don't find that this is particularly a good start of the school year !

LightItUp
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 6:38 PM
She's cutting it super close only giving herself 5 minutes to make it to the bus stop.

Also, for assignments, maybe you can do what my family does and invest in a dry erase board. We put all important dates and assignments with their due dates on it and erase as needed. It keeps us on track the whole school year.

Good luck to her
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

she already has a dry erase board in her room :) we also have a paper calendar in the kitchen that we refer to for all activities / school events , appointments etc

as far as the bus thing we have timed everything over the last week and the 5 minutes is plenty - we have the routine down ! 

Quoting LightItUp: She's cutting it super close only giving herself 5 minutes to make it to the bus stop. Also, for assignments, maybe you can do what my family does and invest in a dry erase board. We put all important dates and assignments with their due dates on it and erase as needed. It keeps us on track the whole school year. Good luck to her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)