Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby on drivers lap

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM
  • 1 Replies
OK, I need some advice. This is a what would you do moment. Walking around my neighborhood twice this week I stumbled upon a school bus stop. A couple of moms waiting for the school bus at the end of the day. I have a two-year-old so I wasn't waiting for anybody, we just happened to be strolling by at that moment. On Tuesday I see one mom put her five-year-old in the front passenger seat and then I see her take her one-year-old and drive away with the one-year-old on her lap back to their house. I was A little surprised to say the least. I don't know where they live, hopefully not far. Well then I just saw her do it again today and I'm not exactly sure what I should do or if I should say something. I saw her go up about A block and then make a right into a dead-end. So she's not going far at least. But at the same time somebody could easily run that stop sign or an animal could dart out in front of her car and she has to stop short. I don't know her, I've never seen her before so I'm not sure if I should say something. I don't really want to call the cops. But all I know is that if something happens I will never forgive myself for not at least speaking out or making a phone call. I know it's a pain to strap your toddler back in the car for a 30 second drive, I've had to do it myself 1 million times, but you just can't take any chances like that in my opinion. What would you do in this instance? So I just walk away and keep my mouth shut? I call the cops? Or if I stumble upon that bus stop again I verbally say something to her?
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
grneyedormom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM
That’s an instance that could warrant a call to CPS possibly in my eyes if I saw it happen on more than one occasion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)