Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

job advice

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

I applied for a job at our hospital on Oct 13. I received an email from the head of HR confirming my licensure. I have yet to hear back. When I check the application status online, it says that my application is being reviewed by a recruiter. I have a friend who works at the same hospital ona  different floor, and she recommends calling the HR lady to check on it. I can do that, but I am unsure of what to say. I don't want to keep bugging my friend about it, especially since she works overnights and she has a toddler at home to take care of. My question  is, what do I say when calling wothout sounding desperate or bothersome? I don't want to pester them, but I do want them to know that I am veri interested and would love to work there and gather some experience for when I finish my degree. I will more than likely stay working at that hospital after finishing school.  Someone, please give me a tip.

by on Nov. 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
K3412
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2017 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Just call and confirm that they've received your application and ask if they need anything else to proceed. They'll likely tell you what's coming next, or if you've been counted out. It's really not a big deal; they don't know you.
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Thank you. I tend to way over think things like this

Quoting K3412: Just call and confirm that they've received your application and ask if they need anything else to proceed. They'll likely tell you what's coming next, or if you've been counted out. It's really not a big deal; they don't know you.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2017 at 10:42 AM

wait a week then call

lovingladyo4
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 6:15 PM

The phone call may have had nothing to do with upcoming employment, but rather, getting all the candidates lined up and in place for when a recruiter does call. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)