Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Hands and knees? Mop? steam cleaner?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you clean your kitchen floor?

by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Replies (41-49):
mommadana
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

sweep then steam mop.  I love mine!

san78
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

we have a steam mop, its excellent, uses only water, no chemicals which is great

sophiesmom07
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Hands and knees.  I then go over it with wood oil.

johnny4ever
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Hands and Knees once a month...steam mop in between

ShellLee68
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
So what brand steam mops do you all have
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM

If my kitchen floor wasn't such a pain to clean I would do it more often.  I have a steam mop that I absolutely love.  I have marble floors in my kitchen...not the kind of marble that you would typically see on a floor.  It is the frickin stuff that is in window sils.  It was NEVER sealed and it is raised a good 1/4 inch from the grout.  It is a bitch to clean and I hate doing it.  This is on my front porch, in my entry way, the hallway between 2 bedrooms and in my kitchen.  HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE flooring.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It must be frustrating to have to deal with this type of floor. A similar situation when we rented taught me that I never wanted tile floors or countertops. Too hard to clean.

Quoting coala:

If my kitchen floor wasn't such a pain to clean I would do it more often.  I have a steam mop that I absolutely love.  I have marble floors in my kitchen...not the kind of marble that you would typically see on a floor.  It is the frickin stuff that is in window sils.  It was NEVER sealed and it is raised a good 1/4 inch from the grout.  It is a bitch to clean and I hate doing it.  This is on my front porch, in my entry way, the hallway between 2 bedrooms and in my kitchen.  HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE flooring.

mudwrap
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Mine got designs on the tiles too. Steam mops doesn't help much. I have a steam mop. The only way all those dirt was gone is bleach like green works & a scrub with a handle and also I attached 2 scotch brite to my rectangular mop.

Quoting Bmat:

Good point.  I go over mine on my hands and knees about once a week. But there are indentations- it is supposed to resemble tile I guess, that I'm not getting to. I am thinking a scrub brush may be what I need, although those steam mops might work.

Quoting Strega:

I actually clean the Kitchen floor on my Hands and Knees. I always hated how Mops would push everything into corners.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Oh I see. Thank you for the suggestion. I may have to try this. Scrubbing at the designs on hands and knees isn't doing it.

Quoting mudwrap:

Mine got designs on the tiles too. Steam mops doesn't help much. I have a steam mop. The only way all those dirt was gone is bleach like green works & a scrub with a handle and also I attached 2 scotch brite to my rectangular mop.

Quoting Bmat:

Good point.  I go over mine on my hands and knees about once a week. But there are indentations- it is supposed to resemble tile I guess, that I'm not getting to. I am thinking a scrub brush may be what I need, although those steam mops might work.

Quoting Strega:

I actually clean the Kitchen floor on my Hands and Knees. I always hated how Mops would push everything into corners.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)