Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

HELP! Making own cleaning products...

Posted by   + Show Post

Most of you girls know that I am going to start my own cleaning business. Well, usually I just buy my own cleaning products...Target brand. However, with dh being laid off I would like to make my own cleaning products but have no idea what to use....I've heard you can use vinagar, but I have no clue what ratio to mix with water if you all know what I mean??

Any ideas would be appreciated... Thanks! :)

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
TiffnTravsMommy
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM

This is a great website!!

Quoting HelloKitty86:

http://organizedhome.com/clean-house/pantry-recipes-homemade-cleaning-products

This is an awesome link to some fabulous cleaning products that you can make at home.  Not only is it cheaper, it's also better for your environment :)  Happy cleaning!

wandep
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Yes, I do have a sweet mil! I am her only dil. Her other son isn't married. I also I was the one that gave her 2 grandkids first too. :) LOL She is always helping us out and taking us out to lunch.....love her to death!

Quoting TiffnTravsMommy:

Yay! It sounds like you are starting to get into your groove with your business! And it sounds like you have such a sweet MIL :)

TiffnTravsMommy
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I am also very lucky to have a fabulous MIL :) Unfortunately we moved 2600 miles away and I dont get to see her as much. 

Quoting wandep:

Yes, I do have a sweet mil! I am her only dil. Her other son isn't married. I also I was the one that gave her 2 grandkids first too. :) LOL She is always helping us out and taking us out to lunch.....love her to death!

Quoting TiffnTravsMommy:

Yay! It sounds like you are starting to get into your groove with your business! And it sounds like you have such a sweet MIL :)

wandep
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM

aww sorry to hear that. Mine lives in town but my mom lives about 1 hr away.

Quoting TiffnTravsMommy:

I am also very lucky to have a fabulous MIL :) Unfortunately we moved 2600 miles away and I dont get to see her as much. 

Quoting wandep:

Quoting TiffnTravsMommy:

CAMom5472
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM
**All Purpose Spray**
(great on windows too!) Take a huge handful of citrus of your choice(tangerine,lime,orange grapefruit)Be advenurous,
use a combo of 2!LOL
Place peels in a lg container w/a lid and fill to top of peels w/vinegar. I also add some of the citrus juice of citrus Im using to make it smell extra good and is good for deoderizing. Let sit for 1-2 wks(shorter if you cant wait LOL)Pour citrus vinegar solution into a large spray bottle you will use.
To give you an idea I have used a Windex size bottle or have made more concentrated in a smaller bottle.Add 1/4- 1/2 C but you can add up to 1 C if you prefer(some people like less of the alcohol smell) rubbing alcohol and fill the rest water.
I make a new vinegar/citrus solution and set aside each time I pour prepared cleaner mix in spray bottle.
I use this for every type of cleaning job-windows mirrors,toilets,showers bathrm kitchen counters,surfaces, the inevitable "oopsie" spills on floors,living and dining rm surface dusting,spray on a rag to sanitize/clean electronics in cell phones,comp screens I also found it works great for pet accident clean ups and deoderizes.The vinegar is one of the best deoderizers and cleaners to remove pet urine/feces smell :o) You can spray this on carpets that have that old urine smell-test a small area first) You may need to spray alot and/ or several times to get rid of the odor. Happy Cleaning!

Quoting wandep:

Most of you girls know that I am going to start my own cleaning business. Well, usually I just buy my own cleaning products...Target brand. However, with dh being laid off I would like to make my own cleaning products but have no idea what to use....I've heard you can use vinagar, but I have no clue what ratio to mix with water if you all know what I mean??

Any ideas would be appreciated... Thanks! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I've always done a 50/50 ratio of water and vinegar that works pretty well.

You know what's really awesome? You can advertise yourself as a green cleaning service. I would totally pay for that since I try to limit the chemicals in my home.

itsyouandeye
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Vinyl floors: 1 cup of vinegar with 1 gallon of warm/hot water

Wood floors: 1/2 cup of vinegar with 1 gallon of warm/hot water

All purpose cleaner (my favorite!!!!!!): in a spray bottle you mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of borax, a few drops of soap (I have a spray bottle with and without dish soap), a few drops of lemon or orange juice (to cut the pickled smell out), and hot water. Shake the bottle around until the Borax disolves. 

31Erica
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I use vinegar and Young Living essential oils!! Lemon, orange and Theives (antibacterial) oils are my favorite! Email me/ erkybb@gmail.com if you are interested and want to try them:)
motamaid
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Costco sized vinegar and baking soda are a staple in my home for cleaning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)