• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Papers from school

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

How do you organize all of those papers you need to keep that the kids bring home from school?  I'm not talking about art and homework that you want to keep. I put all of those in a folder with labeled names and then i put them in scrapbooks for them to keep. My daughter has all of these information sheets that are just laying around in my kitchen because i know i'm going to need them later on for passwords and websites and dates. Both kids get weekly letters sent home that i need to keep for the following week. My daughter has a spelling list every week. It's insane. This school is wasting paper!

Any ideas are greatly apreciated.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
URHonor
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM

You are LUCKY! My daughters school sends home NOTHING! So if there is a trip guess what...they go, if there is a project due it's up to your child (supplies, deadlines and god help you if it's a group thing) and what really lights my fire: if your child is getting an award, signed up for a school play etc..they don't invite you or send home a paper...they have an automated system call your home at 5pm to let you know to "please join us in____" TONIGHT at 6:30 or 7PM!!!!! **They wonder WHY parents aren't involved. This is the whole city. 88 public schools (I believe) and I have 3 kids in 3 different ones to deal with! There is NO communication at all!!!!

mandarose
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe try the pta. That's a good way of knowing what's going on. Or try volunteering at the school so you can ask questions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I bought this little 3 drawer plastic organizer type thing...The top 2 has regular drawers but deep to store things in. Then the bottom is a file cabinet. That is where I put their paper work. I think it cost like $25.00...I bought it from one of those office places. I am sure Target or Walmart would have them too.

Bmat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I tape them to the inside of the pantry door, or to the outside of the pantry door, depending on whether it is something coming up soon or long time.

MamaJane
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I have a folder for each school (all 3 kids are in different schools).  I put school manuals and website info, emails, etc. Then I have a cork board in the kitchen where I pin up weekly spelling words and such.

connorsmommy120
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:09 AM

I have a folder that they go into. Then I have a cork board where I pin the imoprtant papers that have dates on them, like when their fun fridays are, when picture day is etc...

johnny4ever
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Our school is very organzied and always looks for ways to cut down on paper....I only keep a few,frame some and scan them into computer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)