Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

get with the program

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

Can anyone suggest and cleaning and organizational type "programs" (for a lack of a better word). I have tried using flylady twice, and I am trying but I just dont think its for me...

any thing else?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
connorsmommy120
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I follow two ladies on youtube who do cleaning tip vlogs. It's not always about cleaning, they have recipes and things too. Anyway, when I know I don't feel like cleaning I watch a couple of their vlogs and I get motivated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreenAppleHome

http://www.youtube.com/user/Malitose79

I hope this helps! I tried flylady, too and I could never stick with it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
johnny4ever
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:09 AM

bump

nickygsmommy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM
I don't know how many actual programs there are out there (especially free). What finally made FlyLady click for me was just using the BASIC outlines of routines that she suggests and completely tailoring them to me. My routines now (after 6 years) look nothing like hers. The other thing I've always liked about her emails and stuff is that it's not really about the routines, its about shifting attitudes and taking care of yourself.
wandep
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I would suggest starting a control journal...getting your routines down. Then working on what days you want to clean certain areas in your home. I have been flying for a while..I just don't stick to it all the time. When I started I tried doing the baby steps that just didn't work for me...Good luck! I will try to find a site I came across where they used a recipe file box and index cards writing down your routines and things on that..seems kinda interesting. It was SHE something....

Good luck!

Mom2_2Boys
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I tried flylady too. I don't like it. It clutters up my inbox with too many emails.

kgalvano
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM

BUMP!

MargauxG
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM

that was one problem... I got on my email after about 24 hours and had 99+ emails and almost choked on my drink! I unsubscribed from all emails and deleted all I had... I dont have time for that! my email gets about 10 mins a day...  

Quoting Mom2_2Boys:

I tried flylady too. I don't like it. It clutters up my inbox with too many emails.

wandep
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Oh I don't even bother with her (flyladys) emails! LOL

MeganGallagher
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I am curious about this fly lady thing.... can anyone fill me in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)