Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with cleaning laundry

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM
  • 32 Replies

Hi, I'm new. I am kinda frugal these days as i just had surgery and am not working for a whle. I already make my own detergent, but I need a recipe for homemade stain remover. Any suggestions??

by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I don't know of one so here's a bump

johnny4ever
by Tracy on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM

bump

babs61679
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I've never made my own stain remover, but I did look it up for ya! Take a look at this website. http://www.thefrugalshopper.com/articles/softener.shtml   Good luck!!!Hope this helps.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry can't help you there. Gotta question for you tho....can you share the recipe for your laundry detergent also can you use it in the HE machines? Thanks :)

woliung8153
by Sarah on Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:15 AM

check out pintrest. They have great resources.

connorsmommy120
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I've never heard of making your own stain remover!!! If you find a good one, let us know! ;)

MamaJane
by Jane on Oct. 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Quoting wandep:

Sorry can't help you there. Gotta question for you tho....can you share the recipe for your laundry detergent also can you use it in the HE machines? Thanks :)

Since she hasn't come back yet, here's the site I found when researching it.  I haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know how it goes.

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

And yes you can use it on HE

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2011 at 4:05 PM

For stain remover, I wonder if you can use the detergent directly on the stain. 

december911
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I use vinegar and Dawn dish soap. any dish soap with degreaser works well. The vinegar does not leave an odor either.  It is good for cleaning everything really. The dish soap I use for really tough stains, and I dap a small amount on the stain, turn it inside out and after it sits for a few minutes, scrub with a soft toothbrush then wash it. the same with the vinegar. You can get the dish soap for a dollar at the dollar tree and vinegar is cheap too!!

elasmimi
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Lanolin hand cleaner is good for grease stains. It's not expensive, and works great, just be careful with dark clothes, it can leave a mark if you use too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)